Good Truck
By Dustyrider on
2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Traded a 2009 Toyota reg cab 4 cyl automatic for this truck. Pulled a motorcycle on a trailer 1000 miles and decided I needed the 6 cyl auto instead. This new truck is much nicer and better equipped than the '09. The fuel economy is not what I expected (17 MPG so far), but it may get better as it breaks in. The cab is nosier on the access cab than the reg cab was, probably the extra doors. The Prerunner package makes it sit about 3 or 4 inches higher than the 09, and I feel that the seat will wear quicker from getting in and out. I like the buckets and the rest of the interior features better than the base truck, and hope the mileage improves as it gets some miles on it.
Favorite Features
leather wheel and shifter, roomier cab, power features; W,L, keyless entry, intermittent wipers, back-up camera. 16" alloys are attractive. Transmission is smooth, but hunts for a gear at low speeds. Powerful engine, but I could get the same mileage out of a small V8, I wish they offered one!
Suggested Improvements
Better mileage for the 6 cyl, should be able to have both the back-up camera and be able to add a locking tailgate too. Front license plate bracket would be nice, and metal screw holes for the plates, front and rear are needed.