2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Fun to drive!

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

Fun to drive!
By joe812 on

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have clocked about 1000 miles so far. I thoroughly enjoy the ride and it is a LOT of fun. I bought a locking lid for the back and can fit bicycles, golf clubs, beach chairs, etc. in the back with no worries. 4 doors up front allow me to carry 4 adults comfortably. I looked at a few SUVs but realized I would be forced to fold the seats down for my recreation equipment thereby limiting passenger convenience; garage limitations prevent me from getting a behemoth SUV. I LOVE the manual transmission and this is a great truck for my weekend "adventures". I picked it up in February and it was fun to drive in the snow we got in the north east.

The FUN FACTOR. There are loads of storage cubby's in the cab so I can store jumper cables, snow brush, cleaning supplies, dog-stuff, etc. without having these things rolling around in the bed. Manual transmission shifts nicely and sport seats that came with the off-road model are comfortable.

The stock stereo is WEAK; I will replace. The BFG Rugged Trail tires were not impressive in the foul weather; replaced with Pirelli Scorpions. The big "TRD Off Road" stickers were gaudy; they were removed as well. I wish they offered a diesel option in the USA.