First Truck
By David on
2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is the first truck I've owned, but I've always liked the looked of the Tacoma and trusted the reliability of Toyota. Due to a limited selection, I got the sport package and tow package which was more than I needed, but the truck has a beefy look. It rides well for a small truck and the 6M is fun to drive. I've only had the truck for about a month and haven't made any road trips, but as a daily commuter it is comfortable. I got the extended cab for the additional access, but like the other reviewer, I agree that the space would only work for a kid; however, its fine for small tools, groceries, etc. I considered the Nissan Frontier but I liked the and feel of the Toyota better.
Favorite Features
Sporty look, fun to drive (6M), good reputation, handy cleats and storage areas in the bed.
Suggested Improvements
I haven't checked the mileage, but it seems low, probably close to the 16 sticker. I was hoping the manual trans would help with mileage. Big blind spot due to the frame between the driver door and access door. I'm not a fan of orange instrument panel lighting, but thats just personal preference.