Don't buy unless you want junk
By dontwasteyourmoney on
2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I've owned this truck since 12/09 and have to say this is the absolute WORST new vehicle I've ever owned. This truck has weak leaf springs, "hunting" transmissions, steering problems on loose gravel, noisy ac blower motors, rust on frames/bumpers of brand new trucks... I could go on, but you get the picture. This is actually the 4th Toyota I've owned and I couldn't be more disappointed. My brand new (9 mth old) truck has each of these problems and Toyota refuses to fix any of them with the exception of the leaf springs. Toyota quality is a thing of the past, and if I can give you any advice at all, it would be to look elsewhere for your truck. Don't take the chance. You've been warned!
Favorite Features
If I had to pick one, it would be the 4x4.
Suggested Improvements
Fix seating position, it's too low, fix the noisy engine tick, fix the transmission, I don't even know what to say about the rust issues..., add better insulation to improve the noisy cabin (rain hitting the roof is astonishingly loud), Basically, you need to improve the entire quality of the truck.
By john1961
on 08/16/11 12:12 PM (PDT)

I was just advised that Toyota Canada will do nothing to correct the weak suspension. I bought the truck to go fishing and hunting and I am very disappointed by their lack of understanding that it is a design problem. This is my 5th Toyota and 3rd truck and I am highly disappointed and will be looking at Nissan Frontier