Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Truely awesome pickup!
By JBad

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Steering: A+ response is very accurate, precise and sensitive. Suspension: A+ The TRD off road suspension handles great & provides comfort regardless of the speed or road surface. The clearance height is a perfect compromise. Engine: B Dependable & strong. I towed a 3.5k lbs boom no problem. Also handled several payloads of brick just fine. Highway merging speed could be better. Fuel economy is decent but could be better. Interior: A+ Looks cool, seems very practical in function & layout. Good materials. Brakes: C- Brakes are important, & each time I towed or had a payload I worried a bit. Without a load they're adequate for a safe driver. Composite Bed: A+ innovative, practical, best in class!

Favorite Features

The traction control works amazing in snow & ice. The interior is awesome. The bed is extremely useful with little storage cubbyholes, tie down cleats, & an AC outlet. Another favorite is knowing the resale value will always be up there. I also love the backup camera, JBL sound system & other upgrades

Suggested Improvements

Definitely better brakes. An optional V8 would be very appealing. The V6 could use variable valve timing for power and economy. For a truck reaching 5,550 lbs its HP should be no less than 270 in my opinion. Lastly the paint scratches extremely easy. And the sheet metal may be too thin/ dings easy

Great little truck
By RCR

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the truck - it does great pulling our 2-horse aluminum trailer and we've not been stuck in the snow on our steep driveway. It gets fantastic gas mileage compared the the durango we traded in for it. On the downside, the steering wheel does not pull out far enough for someone with long legs, making the driver Rather uncomfortable. We pulled out the center console in the back for more space (it was easy). The automatic transmission doesn't shift well from almost stop to go - it can't seem to figure out which gear to be in.

Favorite Features

overall good vehicle

Suggested Improvements

make a package with bench seat and larger engine.

You get what you pay for
By Stew

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent truck! Coming from the original 1995 Tacoma, this is a huge upgrade. I like the fat that Toyota basically kept the same features of the interior and didn't make everything complicated. Thus, the simplicity of the interior is awesome. The JBL sound system is next to none and the ride is outstanding. Good power with lots of options. Paid 33,000 for the entire package and it was totally worth it. I thought it was pricey at first but in ten years when it is still getting me to work and play every day, I will have no regrets. Anyone who buys ths truck will not be disappointed. It has plenty of room, plenty of power, and great mileage. I pull a 20 foot boat every weekend, no prob.

Favorite Features

Power, simplicity, reliability. Toyota is an awesome company with great incentives.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats, just to add luxury. A louder factory exhaust to give it a little more of that "truck" feel.

2010 Tacoma
By Don

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my new Tacoma with high hopes that it would match up to my old 1992 SR5 Toyota truck. I am very disappointed to say that it does not. The steering wheel does not angle high enough to get out of the way of my knee when I shift. Come-on Toyota. The center console storage compartment should lift back, not to the side. I already had to replace my passenger side seat belt because it was torn. The gas mileage is horrible for a manual,(15-16). The engine is loud above 2300 rpm. The engine does not throttle down fast enough when you shift so you get this horrible whining each time you shift gears. I had much more storage in the cab with my 1992 Toyota. 250K with this truck. Not a chance

Favorite Features

body style. plenty of power. composite bed. bed storage compartments. nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

more angle up on the steering wheel. better gas mileage. 15-16 is horrible. I doubt the posts on the 20mpg. Better rear seats. Remove the rear cab center console. Its just in the way. More storage inside the cab.

Great little truck
By Pete

2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Toyota pickup. This one is leaps and bounds over the 1993! Better space, better capacity, better gas mileage. I've been getting 25 MPG consistently in mixed driving. This pickup handles loads in it's weight class well, and handles loads above its range well enough when needed.

Favorite Features

Decent fuel economy. Fun little workhorse.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's a basic truck and does its job.