2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Wish I could love the Taco, just like it
By TacoMan on 03/23/10 16:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

If it weren't for the -terrible- tires and the dealer's even more disappointing response to the problem (feels like out of round tires @ highway speeds), I'd love this truck. I bought what I wanted and kept it simple. 2x4 Prerunner, SR5, 5-speed. Guess I'm gonna have to buy new wheels/tires, 'cause at this point I think the actual wheels are unbalanced. Oh, well!

No change really from the 05
By PatB on 03/21/10 18:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Tacoma after having an 05. This one has a quieter engine, and I like the USB audio port. Biggest surprise is Toyota made very few changes after 5 years! Mileage is still low but reliability is high. It is a workhorse. Nissan comes somewhat close and Honda just has that overstuffed Ridgeline so Tacoma is a solid midsized choice.

LOW SPEED SHIFT PROBLEMS
By JT on 03/03/10 08:26 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought current tacoma 14 November 2009. I immediately noticed a problem with the shifting at low speeds; up and down. The fuel mileage was poor; 14 to 16 compared to my old 2001. Visited this website and learned of the TSB for the 2009. There is now a TSB for the 2010. So far, the truck is running as I expect. I will have to wait on any improvement to the mileage although I expect it to improve. I am 6'2" and have no comfort issues, the telescopic steering wheel enables me to leave some legroom for the rear seat.

Love my new Tacoma
By NC ToyotaMan on 03/02/10 14:17 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first pickup truck purchase in a lot of years. I've had many SUV's. The Tacoma certainly rides like a truck. A little bouncy even on the highway. Visibility is excellent, especially with the double cab. You can turn your head and see just about a 360 view. No major blind spots. The seat is a bit short in the depth, but I think it is just the right height unlike reviews that state the seat is too low to the floor. The audio system should have more power. Not very impressive for such a nice truck. Sounds like a clock radio. First tank of gas gave 16.5 mpg. Not bad for an engine that isn't broken in yet. For a v6 mpg should be much higher though. Plenty of power. No trans hunting.

liked at first--but
By madcatter on 02/21/10 14:27 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the truck, gas mileage isn't what I would like, but it is a truck. The only problem I have right now is after 1k miles--the bumper is rusting. Lotsa small specs. Waiting on dealer to call me back about it. Stock tires are junk. Other than that it rides well for a truck, good power I didn't expect the bumper to rust. If ya have a chrome bumper keep a eye on it.

My first truck
By Brandon on 02/18/10 13:04 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well I purchased this truck after my first car (1996 Mustang) finally was a endless money pit. I had the mustang for 7 years. After alot of research I wanted either a F-150, which I couldn't afford new, or a Tacoma. I was impressed by the Tacoma's looks and its mid-sized flavor. The regular cab is decent size and the auto transmission is ok. I wish the truck was more aggressive. The tires look tiny and don't fill the wheel well. I'm taking it in for it's first oil change this weekend. The silver color looks cool. I don't like the plastic bed or wimpy leaf springs out back but with a budget truck I guess I couldn't ask for more.

On the fence
By Rod on 02/12/10 17:47 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this truck after owning a 2001 Tacoma. Unlike the 2001, I feel the quality of the product has diminished some. I love the truck overall but I am on the fence regarding the overall performance and reliability of the truck. I hate the fact that the automatic model searches for a gear at low speeds. In addition, the engine sounds like it has a "ping" in it. I understand this may be te fuel injectors. After test driving a competetor's model, the truck feels more like a "toy." Nonetheless, the truck is fun to drive and the V6 has nice torque to it. Short bed is really not that much different from the standard, and the doublecab leaves plenty of room for passengers

Good Truck
By Dustyrider on 02/05/10 15:07 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2009 Toyota reg cab 4 cyl automatic for this truck. Pulled a motorcycle on a trailer 1000 miles and decided I needed the 6 cyl auto instead. This new truck is much nicer and better equipped than the '09. The fuel economy is not what I expected (17 MPG so far), but it may get better as it breaks in. The cab is nosier on the access cab than the reg cab was, probably the extra doors. The Prerunner package makes it sit about 3 or 4 inches higher than the 09, and I feel that the seat will wear quicker from getting in and out. I like the buckets and the rest of the interior features better than the base truck, and hope the mileage improves as it gets some miles on it.

2010 Tacoma, V6, Blue, Dbl cab, Lg bed
By 2010 Blue Tacoma on 02/03/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

There is a reflection from the 3 sliver rings, and the radio that reflect off the windshield, weather it’s cloudy or sunshine, which is distracting and a minor road hazard. For me being 6’ tall the reflection is about even with the top of the center of the rear view mirror. The dashboard L.E.D. lights are orangeish red, are hard on the eyes at night. Engineer that specified this color had to be color blind. Once the warranty runs out, I am replacing this awful color. The fuel warning light goes off when there is about 3-1/2 to 4 gallons left in the tank (just under 1/8 of a tank), and at about 20MPG, that’s 80 miles, way too early. Being 6’ tall, the adjustment for seating is tight.

First Truck
By David on 01/19/10 09:46 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first truck I've owned, but I've always liked the looked of the Tacoma and trusted the reliability of Toyota. Due to a limited selection, I got the sport package and tow package which was more than I needed, but the truck has a beefy look. It rides well for a small truck and the 6M is fun to drive. I've only had the truck for about a month and haven't made any road trips, but as a daily commuter it is comfortable. I got the extended cab for the additional access, but like the other reviewer, I agree that the space would only work for a kid; however, its fine for small tools, groceries, etc. I considered the Nissan Frontier but I liked the and feel of the Toyota better.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma in NJ is:

$206 per month*