Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

So far, so good!
By CBinSantaCruz

2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2WD 4 cyl 4 speed auto Toyota Tacoma in June of 2010. I've had this car for three months and have driven 7000 miles. I have two purposes for this truck. One is a daily commuter driving about 50 miles a day. The other is as my weekend warrior toy carrier mostly for car camping. As a commuter it works great. I get about 22 mpg in traffic going up a 4k ft mountain and back down the other side. As a weekend toy carrier it also performs well. I frequently drive on dirt roads and even with the 2wd it has performed well. I did get stuck in some sand once which made me want the 4wd. But I don't feel the extra money the 4wd costs is worth it for the type of driving I do.

The cab is the biggest cab I have ever seen in a 2wd standard size truck and it is GREAT! The only draw back is I have "Roll your own" windows and it's hard to reach the passenger side window.

Kind of a dog on steep hills. You will def want to upgrade the stereo. With the windows down you can't hear your music. Also cruise control is not an option so you have to get that installed after you buy it which is a pain. Also would like to have a back up camera option. But no biggie.

Don't buy unless you want junk
By dontwasteyourmoney

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck since 12/09 and have to say this is the absolute WORST new vehicle I've ever owned. This truck has weak leaf springs, "hunting" transmissions, steering problems on loose gravel, noisy ac blower motors, rust on frames/bumpers of brand new trucks... I could go on, but you get the picture. This is actually the 4th Toyota I've owned and I couldn't be more disappointed. My brand new (9 mth old) truck has each of these problems and Toyota refuses to fix any of them with the exception of the leaf springs. Toyota quality is a thing of the past, and if I can give you any advice at all, it would be to look elsewhere for your truck. Don't take the chance. You've been warned!

If I had to pick one, it would be the 4x4.

Fix seating position, it's too low, fix the noisy engine tick, fix the transmission, I don't even know what to say about the rust issues..., add better insulation to improve the noisy cabin (rain hitting the roof is astonishingly loud), Basically, you need to improve the entire quality of the truck.

Prepare for TRACTION!
By ooch owwch

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced a 1995 Nissan pickup. I love this truck for the styling. It is bigger than my Nissan and gets better gas mileage and they are both 4- cylinder engines. The SR5 Prerunner is great for its value and features except for the front seats. These things separate your spinal discs no matter how you adjust the lumbar support. Even turned all the way down to no lumbar hump it cripples you by the time you get to a destination of 15 mins or longer and I am not 70, I'm 43yrs old and fit. UGH! I love this truck too much to return or sell it but I wish I had known before hand. Anyone who says it is comfortable is not in the 5'8" range. I'm definitely going to have to spend the bucks on new seats

Great styling, history of reliability, high road clearance, best gas mileage by current standards, love the hitch and light kit and don't mind buying the tongue to slide in it, love the access doors . Easy to throw stuff back there. Gives our 7 yr. old a place all to himself. He loves it.

Redesign the front bucket seats, this is a HUGE draw back! I can't stress this enough! You can't test drive one long enough to find out about it so sit in it with the air on for 15-20 minutes and see what happens when you get out, if you're of average height it is REALLY uncomfortable and it lasts.

Great truck
By DB

2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st truck was a 1993 Toyota 2wd pickup, I4 5 speed. I loved it, would probably still have it if the engine had not died (mechanics fault). After driving Corollas for years I bought this brand new. It runs great, I now have ~ 7000 miles on it and with my driving (mostly highway 65 mph) I get 28 MPG! Its very comfortable, good power. There is a lot of noise from the drive train but that doesn't really bother me. My biggest favorite is the size of the truck, much bigger than my 93. This is a very basic truck, not a lot of stuff to go wrong, the main reason I bought it.

Power, size, mpg, its simplicity.

Wish cruise control was available as an option.

1st time Tacoma owner
By Taclover

2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I really love this truck. I was looking for a truck that would last me at least 10 yrs and get good mileage. I love the box and suicide doors. The SR5 package is worth the money.

Storage, inside the cab and in the box. Rear doors.

Stock rims are horrible looking. I plan on replacing them real soon. No mud guards for the front. No locking tailgate, having a tough time finding aftermarket lock.

• SUV