2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
liked at first--but
By madcatter on 02/21/10 14:27 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the truck, gas mileage isn't what I would like, but it is a truck. The only problem I have right now is after 1k miles--the bumper is rusting. Lotsa small specs. Waiting on dealer to call me back about it. Stock tires are junk. Other than that it rides well for a truck, good power I didn't expect the bumper to rust. If ya have a chrome bumper keep a eye on it.

On the fence
By Rod on 02/12/10 17:47 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this truck after owning a 2001 Tacoma. Unlike the 2001, I feel the quality of the product has diminished some. I love the truck overall but I am on the fence regarding the overall performance and reliability of the truck. I hate the fact that the automatic model searches for a gear at low speeds. In addition, the engine sounds like it has a "ping" in it. I understand this may be te fuel injectors. After test driving a competetor's model, the truck feels more like a "toy." Nonetheless, the truck is fun to drive and the V6 has nice torque to it. Short bed is really not that much different from the standard, and the doublecab leaves plenty of room for passengers

2010 Tacoma, V6, Blue, Dbl cab, Lg bed
By 2010 Blue Tacoma on 02/03/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

There is a reflection from the 3 sliver rings, and the radio that reflect off the windshield, weather it’s cloudy or sunshine, which is distracting and a minor road hazard. For me being 6’ tall the reflection is about even with the top of the center of the rear view mirror. The dashboard L.E.D. lights are orangeish red, are hard on the eyes at night. Engineer that specified this color had to be color blind. Once the warranty runs out, I am replacing this awful color. The fuel warning light goes off when there is about 3-1/2 to 4 gallons left in the tank (just under 1/8 of a tank), and at about 20MPG, that’s 80 miles, way too early. Being 6’ tall, the adjustment for seating is tight.

This truck is fun!
By CHESTER_TRD on 01/13/10 12:38 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

As my first foreign truck, my 2010 Toyota Tacoma DBL cab, 4x4, TRD Sport, short bed is fun to drive on and off road. It is small enough where it is simple to park anywhere and just big enough for 5 small or medium sized people plus cargo. For tall people and the front seats pushed back, there is just enough room in the back for children. It has a solid feel, enough power, but fair on MPG. It looks good on the outside and inside. I love this truck and will probably buy another foreign truck in the future.

Tall drivers beware
By JD on 12/01/09 23:25 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Am in the 2010 Tacoma for 2 weeks now and it's clearly evident that for larger - especially taller - drivers this is a cramped truck. It appears that the truck will be able to carry out most of the tasks I need it to do but if you are over 6' tall I would recommend a full size truck. Perhaps it didn't help that I had a Dodge Quad Cab before but there is no storage for tools, etc. in the cab...no room period. Once you have adjusted the driver's seat there is no leg room in the rear so the double cab doors are for access and will not seat 4 adults.

Solid fit and finish
By frogdaddy on 11/30/09 19:16 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Researched for a long time. What a solid and refined vehicle. All plastic matches and doesn't squeak. Comfortable and smooth ride. Sits high enough without realizing it's a truck. Nice interior. Great storage and convertible seating. Versatility without being too big.

Top of the Line
By Bill on 11/16/09 19:57 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota since a Corona station wagon back in the early 70's, and boy have things changed. It feels even more solid than the '94 Dakota it replaced, and it's at least twice as comfortable to drive. Haven't had the chance to put all the off road features through their paces yet, except for checking that everything works, but I already have some very interesting "roads" in mind to try it out on. The double cab configuration with the short bed is just about perfect for what I have in mind for it. Fuel economy is nothing to write home about, but for a truck this capable, it's not too shabby. Reliability remains to be seen, but Toyota's reputation is very high in that regard.

Great Truck
By Smolenski7 on 11/01/09 10:11 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck. I'm a teacher by trade, but do a lot of work around the house and my wife drives a minivan that I've "destroyed," so a pick up was a logical choice for me. I bought the Tacoma simply because it is the safest truck on the market today. Only the Tundra and Ridgeline compare. I also chose it because of the 6.1ft bed. I couldn't purchase a truck with a small bed. Didn't seem to make sense to me. The truck is quiet. In fact, it's so quiet and the ride is so smooth, that I don't notice how fast I'm going until I look down at the speedometer. The fit and finish is superb, no noises for me. The seats are comfortable, the steering is crisp, and the breaks are smooth.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double-cab in VA is:

$127 per month*