Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Don't buy unless you want junk
By dontwasteyourmoney

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck since 12/09 and have to say this is the absolute WORST new vehicle I've ever owned. This truck has weak leaf springs, "hunting" transmissions, steering problems on loose gravel, noisy ac blower motors, rust on frames/bumpers of brand new trucks... I could go on, but you get the picture. This is actually the 4th Toyota I've owned and I couldn't be more disappointed. My brand new (9 mth old) truck has each of these problems and Toyota refuses to fix any of them with the exception of the leaf springs. Toyota quality is a thing of the past, and if I can give you any advice at all, it would be to look elsewhere for your truck. Don't take the chance. You've been warned!

If I had to pick one, it would be the 4x4.

Fix seating position, it's too low, fix the noisy engine tick, fix the transmission, I don't even know what to say about the rust issues..., add better insulation to improve the noisy cabin (rain hitting the roof is astonishingly loud), Basically, you need to improve the entire quality of the truck.

Truely awesome pickup!
By JBad

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Steering: A+ response is very accurate, precise and sensitive. Suspension: A+ The TRD off road suspension handles great & provides comfort regardless of the speed or road surface. The clearance height is a perfect compromise. Engine: B Dependable & strong. I towed a 3.5k lbs boom no problem. Also handled several payloads of brick just fine. Highway merging speed could be better. Fuel economy is decent but could be better. Interior: A+ Looks cool, seems very practical in function & layout. Good materials. Brakes: C- Brakes are important, & each time I towed or had a payload I worried a bit. Without a load they're adequate for a safe driver. Composite Bed: A+ innovative, practical, best in class!

The traction control works amazing in snow & ice. The interior is awesome. The bed is extremely useful with little storage cubbyholes, tie down cleats, & an AC outlet. Another favorite is knowing the resale value will always be up there. I also love the backup camera, JBL sound system & other upgrades

Definitely better brakes. An optional V8 would be very appealing. The V6 could use variable valve timing for power and economy. For a truck reaching 5,550 lbs its HP should be no less than 270 in my opinion. Lastly the paint scratches extremely easy. And the sheet metal may be too thin/ dings easy

You get what you pay for
By Stew

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent truck! Coming from the original 1995 Tacoma, this is a huge upgrade. I like the fat that Toyota basically kept the same features of the interior and didn't make everything complicated. Thus, the simplicity of the interior is awesome. The JBL sound system is next to none and the ride is outstanding. Good power with lots of options. Paid 33,000 for the entire package and it was totally worth it. I thought it was pricey at first but in ten years when it is still getting me to work and play every day, I will have no regrets. Anyone who buys ths truck will not be disappointed. It has plenty of room, plenty of power, and great mileage. I pull a 20 foot boat every weekend, no prob.

Power, simplicity, reliability. Toyota is an awesome company with great incentives.

Power seats, just to add luxury. A louder factory exhaust to give it a little more of that "truck" feel.

Very Uncomfortable II
By Sadly Dissapointed

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the TRD Off Road package: very sharp looking truck. Great ride, great features except for the seating. The seats sit very low and are extremely uncomfortable. I test drove the truck 4 times and the seating issue was not noticeable on short rides. Any ride over 20 min however, was another story: could never get comfortable. Took the loss and traded for a Silverado LTZ after only 6 weeks.

Plastic cargo bed is great with built in storage and power outlets. Nice ride and handling.

A 6 way adjustable power seat would solve the issue of comfort for taller people.

nice truck
By rev25sharp

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

it is fun to drive. the back up camera is cool. i like driving it.

the ipod feature is cool. the upgraded stereo sounds nice. nice sounding overall

the v6 engine is loud at times, but it a truck so seriously. i think an optional tire size would be cool, like an 18