2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
So far, so good!
By CBinSantaCruz on 09/02/10 16:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2WD 4 cyl 4 speed auto Toyota Tacoma in June of 2010. I've had this car for three months and have driven 7000 miles. I have two purposes for this truck. One is a daily commuter driving about 50 miles a day. The other is as my weekend warrior toy carrier mostly for car camping. As a commuter it works great. I get about 22 mpg in traffic going up a 4k ft mountain and back down the other side. As a weekend toy carrier it also performs well. I frequently drive on dirt roads and even with the 2wd it has performed well. I did get stuck in some sand once which made me want the 4wd. But I don't feel the extra money the 4wd costs is worth it for the type of driving I do.

Don't buy unless you want junk
By dontwasteyourmoney on 08/19/10 13:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck since 12/09 and have to say this is the absolute WORST new vehicle I've ever owned. This truck has weak leaf springs, "hunting" transmissions, steering problems on loose gravel, noisy ac blower motors, rust on frames/bumpers of brand new trucks... I could go on, but you get the picture. This is actually the 4th Toyota I've owned and I couldn't be more disappointed. My brand new (9 mth old) truck has each of these problems and Toyota refuses to fix any of them with the exception of the leaf springs. Toyota quality is a thing of the past, and if I can give you any advice at all, it would be to look elsewhere for your truck. Don't take the chance. You've been warned!

Prepare for TRACTION!
By ooch owwch on 08/09/10 21:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced a 1995 Nissan pickup. I love this truck for the styling. It is bigger than my Nissan and gets better gas mileage and they are both 4- cylinder engines. The SR5 Prerunner is great for its value and features except for the front seats. These things separate your spinal discs no matter how you adjust the lumbar support. Even turned all the way down to no lumbar hump it cripples you by the time you get to a destination of 15 mins or longer and I am not 70, I'm 43yrs old and fit. UGH! I love this truck too much to return or sell it but I wish I had known before hand. Anyone who says it is comfortable is not in the 5'8" range. I'm definitely going to have to spend the bucks on new seats

Great truck
By DB on 08/01/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st truck was a 1993 Toyota 2wd pickup, I4 5 speed. I loved it, would probably still have it if the engine had not died (mechanics fault). After driving Corollas for years I bought this brand new. It runs great, I now have ~ 7000 miles on it and with my driving (mostly highway 65 mph) I get 28 MPG! Its very comfortable, good power. There is a lot of noise from the drive train but that doesn't really bother me. My biggest favorite is the size of the truck, much bigger than my 93. This is a very basic truck, not a lot of stuff to go wrong, the main reason I bought it.

1st time Tacoma owner
By Taclover on 07/29/10 17:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I really love this truck. I was looking for a truck that would last me at least 10 yrs and get good mileage. I love the box and suicide doors. The SR5 package is worth the money.

Truely awesome pickup!
By JBad on 07/17/10 17:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Steering: A+ response is very accurate, precise and sensitive. Suspension: A+ The TRD off road suspension handles great & provides comfort regardless of the speed or road surface. The clearance height is a perfect compromise. Engine: B Dependable & strong. I towed a 3.5k lbs boom no problem. Also handled several payloads of brick just fine. Highway merging speed could be better. Fuel economy is decent but could be better. Interior: A+ Looks cool, seems very practical in function & layout. Good materials. Brakes: C- Brakes are important, & each time I towed or had a payload I worried a bit. Without a load they're adequate for a safe driver. Composite Bed: A+ innovative, practical, best in class!

Great little truck
By RCR on 07/05/10 06:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the truck - it does great pulling our 2-horse aluminum trailer and we've not been stuck in the snow on our steep driveway. It gets fantastic gas mileage compared the the durango we traded in for it. On the downside, the steering wheel does not pull out far enough for someone with long legs, making the driver Rather uncomfortable. We pulled out the center console in the back for more space (it was easy). The automatic transmission doesn't shift well from almost stop to go - it can't seem to figure out which gear to be in.

You get what you pay for
By Stew on 06/10/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent truck! Coming from the original 1995 Tacoma, this is a huge upgrade. I like the fat that Toyota basically kept the same features of the interior and didn't make everything complicated. Thus, the simplicity of the interior is awesome. The JBL sound system is next to none and the ride is outstanding. Good power with lots of options. Paid 33,000 for the entire package and it was totally worth it. I thought it was pricey at first but in ten years when it is still getting me to work and play every day, I will have no regrets. Anyone who buys ths truck will not be disappointed. It has plenty of room, plenty of power, and great mileage. I pull a 20 foot boat every weekend, no prob.

2010 Tacoma
By Don on 06/04/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my new Tacoma with high hopes that it would match up to my old 1992 SR5 Toyota truck. I am very disappointed to say that it does not. The steering wheel does not angle high enough to get out of the way of my knee when I shift. Come-on Toyota. The center console storage compartment should lift back, not to the side. I already had to replace my passenger side seat belt because it was torn. The gas mileage is horrible for a manual,(15-16). The engine is loud above 2300 rpm. The engine does not throttle down fast enough when you shift so you get this horrible whining each time you shift gears. I had much more storage in the cab with my 1992 Toyota. 250K with this truck. Not a chance

Great little truck
By Pete on 06/03/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Toyota pickup. This one is leaps and bounds over the 1993! Better space, better capacity, better gas mileage. I've been getting 25 MPG consistently in mixed driving. This pickup handles loads in it's weight class well, and handles loads above its range well enough when needed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma in VA is:

$119 per month*