Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Toyota braking
By tacoma10

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota recently determined driver error as the cause of braking problems. As a driver of a Tacoma, I can see how this can happen. The brake pedal (on automatic transmission models) is very close to the accelerator pedal. I have on numerous occasions mistakenly hit both at the same time. This happens for me when I am wearing boots or larger width shoes. I have to be very conscious of this lack of space between pedals.

Body design, utility value

increase space between gas and brake pedals.

Tacoma issues
By tacoma10

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the six Toyota I have owned......probably the last. Toyota dealerships/service has always been the weak point in my experience with Toyota. I am currently driving a 2010 Tacoma double cab. Nice truck, but has a couple issues. Number one is the transmission; it always seems to be "searching" for the right "gear", not a big deal, just slightly annoying. It has done it now for almost 15,000 miles. Second issue is the AC/heater blower motor. It has been making a ticking sound for months. I took it to the dealer in December. They told me the motor is bad and it had been recalled. A replacement was ordered, but as yet has not arrived at dealer. I have given up talking to dealer.

Comfort, handling, style. Utility value, flexible interior..fold down back seats.

Redesign blower motor. Put a center release on center console glove box rather than current position on driver's side.

Owned many Toyota's but this is my last!
By jscott418

2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to lease my Toyota and had all kinds of trouble with the dealer. It took 4 months to get plates, they messed up paper work and had to redo. They did not notify me of this. So its not been good. So now for the truck, its a DOG plain and simple. The 4 Cylinder engine has 30 less HP then my wife's RAV 4 which has a smaller 4 Cyl? The 4 speed trans is awful and when its in overdrive which happens way too soon I get a vibration because the RPM's are so low and the engine lugs. Who ever mated this engine with the transmission and programed it does not drive it! I have had trouble with a whine from the trans too but have not been to a dealer yet.

Nice center console, ride is relatively smooth for a small truck.

Poor radio reception in FM even with a cowl mount antenna, no heated outside mirrors, poor acceleration, transmissions shifts too early, noisy engine especially cold and accelerating. I have owned 8 Toyota's in my time and this is the worst I have ever experienced from Toyota.

Disappointed
By Toyotaowner

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a Tacoma for years, finally got one and I am sorry for it. The rear bumper has rusted all around the edges. One of the Plastic tie downs broke for no good reason. The engine ticks loudly. The Heater/A.C blower motor screeches, I did have that replaced under warranty.....and now the new one does the same thing! The access door won't open, I will be getting that fixed. The console between the two seats in the back is worthless and takes up a lot of room. The transmission also has trouble gearing down, almost like it is stuck in too high of a gear. Also sometimes I have a hard time getting it to gear down on the hwy while in cruise control. Awful vehicle

The traction control is amazing.

Fix all of the issue that mine has!

Tacoma 2010 prerunner
By Robert Klee

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice mid sized truck, But when you let your foot off the gas pedal, in town and put in back on, it feels like it hunting for best gear, but it's to low of a gear most of the time, and the engine revs and it not all that smooth, very disappointed.

Love the bluetooth, for cell phone driving, and putting truck in reverse, a camera display in center mirror shows a very picture of whats behind you, It's great when windows are fogged up.

Must make steering wheel pull out more than a inch and a half. I feel like I can't find comfort with arm stretched out so far, and transmission feels jerky, with in town driving.