Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

My 2010 Toyota Tacoma, best pick-up truck I ever own........
By 2lolo

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my life time I own many trucks from Chevy, Ford etc. When I was a young kid when gas was $.89 a gal.

Just driving my 2010 Toyota Tacoma " Sports"

Can't think of anything.......

Owned many Toyota's but this is my last!
By jscott418

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to lease my Toyota and had all kinds of trouble with the dealer. It took 4 months to get plates, they messed up paper work and had to redo. They did not notify me of this. So its not been good.
So now for the truck, its a DOG plain and simple. The 4 Cylinder engine has 30 less HP then my wife's RAV 4 which has a smaller 4 Cyl? The 4 speed trans is awful and when its in overdrive which happens way too soon I get a vibration because the RPM's are so low and the engine lugs. Who ever mated this engine with the transmission and programed it does not drive it! I have had trouble with a whine from the trans too but have not been to a dealer yet.

Nice center console, ride is relatively smooth for a small truck.

Poor radio reception in FM even with a cowl mount antenna, no heated outside mirrors, poor acceleration, transmissions shifts too early, noisy engine especially cold and accelerating. I have owned 8 Toyota's in my time and this is the worst I have ever experienced from Toyota.

Disappointed
By Toyotaowner

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a Tacoma for years, finally got one and I am sorry for it. The rear bumper has rusted all around the edges. One of the Plastic tie downs broke for no good reason. The engine ticks loudly. The Heater/A.C blower motor screeches, I did have that replaced under warranty.....and now the new one does the same thing! The access door won't open, I will be getting that fixed. The console between the two seats in the back is worthless and takes up a lot of room. The transmission also has trouble gearing down, almost like it is stuck in too high of a gear. Also sometimes I have a hard time getting it to gear down on the hwy while in cruise control. Awful vehicle

The traction control is amazing.

Fix all of the issue that mine has!

Nice truck!
By frank

Just bought pre-runner, auto, v6, this month. Love it! Everything inside out is all nice! One problem though, the transmission is a little sluggish, when slow down to 40, 30 mph. Overall, this is a nice truck!

The body look, and quite engine!

The transmission can be improved.

Best pick-em-up-truck made
By Dan

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Quite simply the best intermediate pickup made. From style to quality of build, it is outstanding. The ride is very good and the bucket seats are fine for me and my wife. I don't understand why all the criticism of the seating. Well done Toyota.

Styling.