2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
1st time Tacoma owner
By Taclover on 07/29/10 17:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I really love this truck. I was looking for a truck that would last me at least 10 yrs and get good mileage. I love the box and suicide doors. The SR5 package is worth the money.

Great little truck
By RCR on 07/05/10 06:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the truck - it does great pulling our 2-horse aluminum trailer and we've not been stuck in the snow on our steep driveway. It gets fantastic gas mileage compared the the durango we traded in for it. On the downside, the steering wheel does not pull out far enough for someone with long legs, making the driver Rather uncomfortable. We pulled out the center console in the back for more space (it was easy). The automatic transmission doesn't shift well from almost stop to go - it can't seem to figure out which gear to be in.

2010 Tacoma
By Don on 06/04/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my new Tacoma with high hopes that it would match up to my old 1992 SR5 Toyota truck. I am very disappointed to say that it does not. The steering wheel does not angle high enough to get out of the way of my knee when I shift. Come-on Toyota. The center console storage compartment should lift back, not to the side. I already had to replace my passenger side seat belt because it was torn. The gas mileage is horrible for a manual,(15-16). The engine is loud above 2300 rpm. The engine does not throttle down fast enough when you shift so you get this horrible whining each time you shift gears. I had much more storage in the cab with my 1992 Toyota. 250K with this truck. Not a chance

Good Truck, No Issues
By Dustin R on 06/01/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

After the purchase I installed a Flowmaster Muffler, this helped to improve my feelings towards a 4 cylinder 4x4. Currently, I have over 4,000 miles logged and no complaints thus far. It is a far better truck than the competition, and it was made in California! I did not think I would buy a Toyota, with the economic issues but it has been well worth it. I recommend the SR5 package, it has a lot for the money, although the stock wheels and tires are horrible. Although most stock tires usually are not the best, I expected better. Overall, this truck is worth the money, no matter what the media says.

Second Toyota I'm owned
By Callie on 05/13/10 05:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Design changes with respect to my 2003 Toyota are great. The opposing rear doors to load items behind the seats is an excellent change. The tilt/telescoping steering wheel is not well engineered. I'm 6"4" and the steering wheel will not rise as high as my 2003 and my legs hit the steering when when I get into the driver's set. The other item that needs re-engineering is the overhead display of the temp/compass. It is dimmer than the clock and can't been seen during daylight driving very well. The gas tank door is another item that needs changing. My 2003 had a saw tooth device to attach the gas cap while fueling. The 2010 has nothing to hold the gas cap. Overall, I am well satisfied.

Very Uncomfortable
By James on 05/09/10 06:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the styling, performance, quality of build. However, the seats are very uncomfortable! They make your back hurt if you drive for any distance. I even had the cloth seat covers replaced w/ leather. It did not help. I am seriously thinking about trading this vehicle for something else. I have never thought about getting rid of a new vehicle! Stock stereo system and speakers are WEAK! I replaced them.

Envy of the Truck World
By Bruce on 04/12/10 06:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I currently own four Toyotas, the experience i have had with this TRD packaged truck is the same boring run forever, well made, reliable, blah, blah, blah, that all my Toys have provided me. This truck has truly been a pleasure to drive, always starts up on the first revolutions, i could not find one exterior flaw, not one undercarriage flaw, composite bed is something that all trucks should have by now. The V6 provides an enormous amount of power while giving 20-20.7 miles to gallon when driven sensibly. Other truck owners have the look of "why didn't i spend the extra money" as they stare at my Barcelona Red TRD. Toyota even provides 2 years of free oil/filter, etc changes. No regrets.

I'm a TACO man !
By Sasquatch on 03/26/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

Just purchased my 2010 Taco' (Pre- Runner V6 SR5 auto) with the TRD off- road package in Pyrite Mica. I love, love, love this truck. Added the bull bar, chrome accents to mirrors, door handles, front and rear taillights, and a tool box. The first two tanks of gas averaged right at 20 mpg. Not sure why some of the other posts here do so poorly on mileage. I am not a lead foot, that probably helps! I would recommend this truck to anyone. It's perfect size and does whatever I need it to do, and with style!

No change really from the 05
By PatB on 03/21/10 18:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Tacoma after having an 05. This one has a quieter engine, and I like the USB audio port. Biggest surprise is Toyota made very few changes after 5 years! Mileage is still low but reliability is high. It is a workhorse. Nissan comes somewhat close and Honda just has that overstuffed Ridgeline so Tacoma is a solid midsized choice.

Good Truck
By Dustyrider on 02/05/10 15:07 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2009 Toyota reg cab 4 cyl automatic for this truck. Pulled a motorcycle on a trailer 1000 miles and decided I needed the 6 cyl auto instead. This new truck is much nicer and better equipped than the '09. The fuel economy is not what I expected (17 MPG so far), but it may get better as it breaks in. The cab is nosier on the access cab than the reg cab was, probably the extra doors. The Prerunner package makes it sit about 3 or 4 inches higher than the 09, and I feel that the seat will wear quicker from getting in and out. I like the buckets and the rest of the interior features better than the base truck, and hope the mileage improves as it gets some miles on it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Access-cab in VA is:

$117 per month*