2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Good lil Truck
By tacoma nerd on 09/07/10 05:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I downsized from a full size truck with a V8 to the single cab Tacoma 4 cylinder - I lost interior room but gained great resale value and good exterior styling. The 2.7L has plenty of power for everyday use plus good fuel efficiency, averaging around 22MPG. I got the stripped down model w/ manual transmission - which is fun to drive around town and felt a lot smoother than the Automatic transmission. Overall very happy to be back in a Tacoma.

So far, so good!
By CBinSantaCruz on 09/02/10 16:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2WD 4 cyl 4 speed auto Toyota Tacoma in June of 2010. I've had this car for three months and have driven 7000 miles. I have two purposes for this truck. One is a daily commuter driving about 50 miles a day. The other is as my weekend warrior toy carrier mostly for car camping. As a commuter it works great. I get about 22 mpg in traffic going up a 4k ft mountain and back down the other side. As a weekend toy carrier it also performs well. I frequently drive on dirt roads and even with the 2wd it has performed well. I did get stuck in some sand once which made me want the 4wd. But I don't feel the extra money the 4wd costs is worth it for the type of driving I do.

Great truck
By DB on 08/01/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st truck was a 1993 Toyota 2wd pickup, I4 5 speed. I loved it, would probably still have it if the engine had not died (mechanics fault). After driving Corollas for years I bought this brand new. It runs great, I now have ~ 7000 miles on it and with my driving (mostly highway 65 mph) I get 28 MPG! Its very comfortable, good power. There is a lot of noise from the drive train but that doesn't really bother me. My biggest favorite is the size of the truck, much bigger than my 93. This is a very basic truck, not a lot of stuff to go wrong, the main reason I bought it.

Great little truck
By Pete on 06/03/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Toyota pickup. This one is leaps and bounds over the 1993! Better space, better capacity, better gas mileage. I've been getting 25 MPG consistently in mixed driving. This pickup handles loads in it's weight class well, and handles loads above its range well enough when needed.

Wish I could love the Taco, just like it
By TacoMan on 03/23/10 16:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

If it weren't for the -terrible- tires and the dealer's even more disappointing response to the problem (feels like out of round tires @ highway speeds), I'd love this truck. I bought what I wanted and kept it simple. 2x4 Prerunner, SR5, 5-speed. Guess I'm gonna have to buy new wheels/tires, 'cause at this point I think the actual wheels are unbalanced. Oh, well!

My first truck
By Brandon on 02/18/10 13:04 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well I purchased this truck after my first car (1996 Mustang) finally was a endless money pit. I had the mustang for 7 years. After alot of research I wanted either a F-150, which I couldn't afford new, or a Tacoma. I was impressed by the Tacoma's looks and its mid-sized flavor. The regular cab is decent size and the auto transmission is ok. I wish the truck was more aggressive. The tires look tiny and don't fill the wheel well. I'm taking it in for it's first oil change this weekend. The silver color looks cool. I don't like the plastic bed or wimpy leaf springs out back but with a budget truck I guess I couldn't ask for more.

My 3rd Tacoma
By Bill Lawson on 11/06/09 06:36 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Tacoma, this is my 3rd one. My last Tacoma, I owned for 11 years. It never broke down or had any problems except a thin layer of rust in the usual places. (WD-40 stops rust) I was forced to sell it due to a career change. But after a year without a truck I just had to buy another one. This one is quiet and smooth riding. No need to dodge pot holes, it takes bumps real well. I put about 1400 miles on it so far. I get 23 MPG in town. That seems a little low for a 4 cylinder but comparable trucks are not any better.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular-cab in VA is:

$119 per month*