Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Good lil Truck
By tacoma nerd

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I downsized from a full size truck with a V8 to the single cab Tacoma 4 cylinder - I lost interior room but gained great resale value and good exterior styling. The 2.7L has plenty of power for everyday use plus good fuel efficiency, averaging around 22MPG. I got the stripped down model w/ manual transmission - which is fun to drive around town and felt a lot smoother than the Automatic transmission. Overall very happy to be back in a Tacoma.

Composite Bed, Looks, Dealer installed TRD Wheels & Tires, Manual Transmission, Sliding Rear Window.

Power Windows & Locks for Regular Cabs.

So far, so good!
By CBinSantaCruz

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2WD 4 cyl 4 speed auto Toyota Tacoma in June of 2010. I've had this car for three months and have driven 7000 miles. I have two purposes for this truck. One is a daily commuter driving about 50 miles a day. The other is as my weekend warrior toy carrier mostly for car camping. As a commuter it works great. I get about 22 mpg in traffic going up a 4k ft mountain and back down the other side. As a weekend toy carrier it also performs well. I frequently drive on dirt roads and even with the 2wd it has performed well. I did get stuck in some sand once which made me want the 4wd. But I don't feel the extra money the 4wd costs is worth it for the type of driving I do.

The cab is the biggest cab I have ever seen in a 2wd standard size truck and it is GREAT! The only draw back is I have "Roll your own" windows and it's hard to reach the passenger side window.

Kind of a dog on steep hills. You will def want to upgrade the stereo. With the windows down you can't hear your music. Also cruise control is not an option so you have to get that installed after you buy it which is a pain. Also would like to have a back up camera option. But no biggie.

Great truck
By DB

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st truck was a 1993 Toyota 2wd pickup, I4 5 speed. I loved it, would probably still have it if the engine had not died (mechanics fault). After driving Corollas for years I bought this brand new. It runs great, I now have ~ 7000 miles on it and with my driving (mostly highway 65 mph) I get 28 MPG! Its very comfortable, good power. There is a lot of noise from the drive train but that doesn't really bother me. My biggest favorite is the size of the truck, much bigger than my 93. This is a very basic truck, not a lot of stuff to go wrong, the main reason I bought it.

Power, size, mpg, its simplicity.

Wish cruise control was available as an option.

Great little truck
By Pete

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Toyota pickup. This one is leaps and bounds over the 1993! Better space, better capacity, better gas mileage. I've been getting 25 MPG consistently in mixed driving. This pickup handles loads in it's weight class well, and handles loads above its range well enough when needed.

Decent fuel economy. Fun little workhorse.

None. It's a basic truck and does its job.

Wish I could love the Taco, just like it
By TacoMan

2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

If it weren't for the -terrible- tires and the dealer's even more disappointing response to the problem (feels like out of round tires @ highway speeds), I'd love this truck. I bought what I wanted and kept it simple. 2x4 Prerunner, SR5, 5-speed. Guess I'm gonna have to buy new wheels/tires, 'cause at this point I think the actual wheels are unbalanced. Oh, well!

Looks of the truck, MPG, new-car- smell (still at 6 months, me likely).

Stop co-manufacturing with GM! Toyota's recent problems are because they build either on commingled GM assembly lines (NUMMI), or in places like Mexico, not to mention that it seems as if the typical American Corporate Executive mentality has finally seeped into every corner of Toyota USA.