2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Very happy with my first truck
By tynash on 09/25/11 18:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have almost 25,000 miles on my new truck, drove away from dealership with 164 miles in Jan 2010. Nothing short of impressed. Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to still fit in the garage. Did months of research before selecting this specific truck, read other reviews. Almost went with the auto, but reviews were night and day, some sort of "gear hunting" issue specific to the auto trans. The only issue I had was the blower motor which the dealership said was common to the Tacoma's lately. Manufacturing tolerances in the motor were incorrect, causing a squeaking sound when you turn the fan on. They replaced the blower motor earlier this year and the squeak has not come back.

Fun to drive!
By joe812 on 04/17/10 05:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have clocked about 1000 miles so far. I thoroughly enjoy the ride and it is a LOT of fun. I bought a locking lid for the back and can fit bicycles, golf clubs, beach chairs, etc. in the back with no worries. 4 doors up front allow me to carry 4 adults comfortably. I looked at a few SUVs but realized I would be forced to fold the seats down for my recreation equipment thereby limiting passenger convenience; garage limitations prevent me from getting a behemoth SUV. I LOVE the manual transmission and this is a great truck for my weekend "adventures". I picked it up in February and it was fun to drive in the snow we got in the north east.

liked at first--but
By madcatter on 02/21/10 14:27 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the truck, gas mileage isn't what I would like, but it is a truck. The only problem I have right now is after 1k miles--the bumper is rusting. Lotsa small specs. Waiting on dealer to call me back about it. Stock tires are junk. Other than that it rides well for a truck, good power I didn't expect the bumper to rust. If ya have a chrome bumper keep a eye on it.

Solid fit and finish
By frogdaddy on 11/30/09 19:16 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Researched for a long time. What a solid and refined vehicle. All plastic matches and doesn't squeak. Comfortable and smooth ride. Sits high enough without realizing it's a truck. Nice interior. Great storage and convertible seating. Versatility without being too big.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double-cab in VA is:

$116 per month*