2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Tacoma issues
By tacoma10 on 02/21/11 05:02 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the six Toyota I have owned......probably the last. Toyota dealerships/service has always been the weak point in my experience with Toyota. I am currently driving a 2010 Tacoma double cab. Nice truck, but has a couple issues. Number one is the transmission; it always seems to be "searching" for the right "gear", not a big deal, just slightly annoying. It has done it now for almost 15,000 miles. Second issue is the AC/heater blower motor. It has been making a ticking sound for months. I took it to the dealer in December. They told me the motor is bad and it had been recalled. A replacement was ordered, but as yet has not arrived at dealer. I have given up talking to dealer.

Tacoma 2010 prerunner
By Robert Klee on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice mid sized truck, But when you let your foot off the gas pedal, in town and put in back on, it feels like it hunting for best gear, but it's to low of a gear most of the time, and the engine revs and it not all that smooth, very disappointed.

nice truck
By rev25sharp on 05/19/10 17:45 PM (PDT)

it is fun to drive. the back up camera is cool. i like driving it.

LOW SPEED SHIFT PROBLEMS
By JT on 03/03/10 08:26 AM (PST)

Bought current tacoma 14 November 2009. I immediately noticed a problem with the shifting at low speeds; up and down. The fuel mileage was poor; 14 to 16 compared to my old 2001. Visited this website and learned of the TSB for the 2009. There is now a TSB for the 2010. So far, the truck is running as I expect. I will have to wait on any improvement to the mileage although I expect it to improve. I am 6'2" and have no comfort issues, the telescopic steering wheel enables me to leave some legroom for the rear seat.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double-cab in VA is:

$127 per month*