Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Tacoma issues
By tacoma10

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the six Toyota I have owned......probably the last. Toyota dealerships/service has always been the weak point in my experience with Toyota. I am currently driving a 2010 Tacoma double cab. Nice truck, but has a couple issues. Number one is the transmission; it always seems to be "searching" for the right "gear", not a big deal, just slightly annoying. It has done it now for almost 15,000 miles. Second issue is the AC/heater blower motor. It has been making a ticking sound for months. I took it to the dealer in December. They told me the motor is bad and it had been recalled. A replacement was ordered, but as yet has not arrived at dealer. I have given up talking to dealer.

Comfort, handling, style. Utility value, flexible interior..fold down back seats.

Redesign blower motor. Put a center release on center console glove box rather than current position on driver's side.

Tacoma 2010 prerunner
By Robert Klee

Nice mid sized truck, But when you let your foot off the gas pedal, in town and put in back on, it feels like it hunting for best gear, but it's to low of a gear most of the time, and the engine revs and it not all that smooth, very disappointed.

Love the bluetooth, for cell phone driving, and putting truck in reverse, a camera display in center mirror shows a very picture of whats behind you, It's great when windows are fogged up.

Must make steering wheel pull out more than a inch and a half. I feel like I can't find comfort with arm stretched out so far, and transmission feels jerky, with in town driving.

nice truck
By rev25sharp

it is fun to drive. the back up camera is cool. i like driving it.

the ipod feature is cool. the upgraded stereo sounds nice. nice sounding overall

the v6 engine is loud at times, but it a truck so seriously. i think an optional tire size would be cool, like an 18

LOW SPEED SHIFT PROBLEMS
By JT

Bought current tacoma 14 November 2009. I immediately noticed a problem with the shifting at low speeds; up and down. The fuel mileage was poor; 14 to 16 compared to my old 2001. Visited this website and learned of the TSB for the 2009. There is now a TSB for the 2010. So far, the truck is running as I expect. I will have to wait on any improvement to the mileage although I expect it to improve. I am 6'2" and have no comfort issues, the telescopic steering wheel enables me to leave some legroom for the rear seat.

I like the whole package.

light the drive select switch. Simplify the stability/traction choices.