2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Toyota Tacoma Not needs work
By lawje on 03/13/13 11:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 Tacoma in CNY and was disappointed from day one. 179 miles on with large scratch. Dealer fixed but not a good sign. Major complaints: Radio seemed to be very low. Volume was on 50 to hear radio with windo down. Handling, not great. Constant noise when van or heat turned on. Later found out it was a recall and Toyota did not let me know after I complained. Gas mileage...maybe 16 mpg average driving. Not very comfortable for someone 6'00 tall. Sold after 2 years and 25,000 mile. Also have a 2005 Toyota 4runner which is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Overall great truck
By whynotyoko on 10/08/12 20:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Long Wheel Base (SPORT PKG) in January 2010 and have driven 64,000 miles with no major issues. I have had one small annoying issue (blower fan). The blower fan has a chirp but cannot be fixed and the unit has been replaced by the dealer 4 times. It's simply a design flaw because they use cheap bearings and not good sealed bearings for the blower fan. I've driven from Canada to Florida and repeatedly from Tennessee to Michigan for family and business. It blasted through 20 inches of snow the weekend I purchased it. The Dunlop tires were so-so, but I replaced with Michelin LTX AT2 and it provided great dirt, road and snow performance. Highly recommend!!

Water Infiltration
By john1961 on 12/29/11 13:00 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am wondering if anyone else had water infiltration problems caused by incomplete seal behind cab. I could see the water clearly under the mat and the dealer found that the joint on the cab between cab and box was poorly done. They repaired the joint and replaced the foam beneath the carpet however there was always a smell in the truck. I recently brought it in and they agreed about the smell but wanted me to pay for some canister they would use to eliminate all odours, I had to argue my point despite them knowing full well the problem was real. I had ducks waiting to get in there was so much water inside

Very happy with my first truck
By tynash on 09/25/11 18:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have almost 25,000 miles on my new truck, drove away from dealership with 164 miles in Jan 2010. Nothing short of impressed. Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to still fit in the garage. Did months of research before selecting this specific truck, read other reviews. Almost went with the auto, but reviews were night and day, some sort of "gear hunting" issue specific to the auto trans. The only issue I had was the blower motor which the dealership said was common to the Tacoma's lately. Manufacturing tolerances in the motor were incorrect, causing a squeaking sound when you turn the fan on. They replaced the blower motor earlier this year and the squeak has not come back.

Suspension Problems
By john1961 on 08/24/11 07:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed with the weak suspension caused by poor design. This is my 3rd Toyota truck and after poor response from Toyota Canada probably my last. For the sake of $350.00 for a solution they are willing to lose a longtime loyal client. If anyone has had success with Toyota to correct the problem I would like to know. Toyota were once known for their quality and durability but now I feel it's all about money

Toyota braking
By tacoma10 on 02/21/11 05:50 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota recently determined driver error as the cause of braking problems. As a driver of a Tacoma, I can see how this can happen. The brake pedal (on automatic transmission models) is very close to the accelerator pedal. I have on numerous occasions mistakenly hit both at the same time. This happens for me when I am wearing boots or larger width shoes. I have to be very conscious of this lack of space between pedals.

Tacoma issues
By tacoma10 on 02/21/11 05:02 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the six Toyota I have owned......probably the last. Toyota dealerships/service has always been the weak point in my experience with Toyota. I am currently driving a 2010 Tacoma double cab. Nice truck, but has a couple issues. Number one is the transmission; it always seems to be "searching" for the right "gear", not a big deal, just slightly annoying. It has done it now for almost 15,000 miles. Second issue is the AC/heater blower motor. It has been making a ticking sound for months. I took it to the dealer in December. They told me the motor is bad and it had been recalled. A replacement was ordered, but as yet has not arrived at dealer. I have given up talking to dealer.

Tacoma 2010 prerunner
By Robert Klee on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice mid sized truck, But when you let your foot off the gas pedal, in town and put in back on, it feels like it hunting for best gear, but it's to low of a gear most of the time, and the engine revs and it not all that smooth, very disappointed.

Disappointed
By Tico on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just passed one year and 10K miles and more disappointed than I expected (this is my 4th Toyota, but first Tacoma). Lots of little probs: Buzzing sound from center console that dealer said was fixed (it wasn't). needed windshield replaced due to glue streak marks that impaired visibility, acceleration from stop poor (dealer says this is "normal" -- yeah, right!)...poor mpg 15-16 in city, 18 on highway. Hindsight being 20/20, I'd go with a Frontier or Ridgeline.

So far so Good
By I like it on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the is truck (except for my height issue). If the next model had a higher roof line like the new 4Runner I'd trade up. It suits my needs well, with two kids. I didn't want to get a full size due to the crappy mpg, thats why opted for the Tacoma. 17.?? city all the time and highway is like 22 and change. No problems towing or hauling, however I did get the free spring upgrade to avoid future problems. I recommend this truck for sure.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double-cab in WA is:

$161 per month*