2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Second Toyota I'm owned
By Callie on 05/13/10 05:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Design changes with respect to my 2003 Toyota are great. The opposing rear doors to load items behind the seats is an excellent change. The tilt/telescoping steering wheel is not well engineered. I'm 6"4" and the steering wheel will not rise as high as my 2003 and my legs hit the steering when when I get into the driver's set. The other item that needs re-engineering is the overhead display of the temp/compass. It is dimmer than the clock and can't been seen during daylight driving very well. The gas tank door is another item that needs changing. My 2003 had a saw tooth device to attach the gas cap while fueling. The 2010 has nothing to hold the gas cap. Overall, I am well satisfied.

I'm a TACO man !
By Sasquatch on 03/26/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

Just purchased my 2010 Taco' (Pre- Runner V6 SR5 auto) with the TRD off- road package in Pyrite Mica. I love, love, love this truck. Added the bull bar, chrome accents to mirrors, door handles, front and rear taillights, and a tool box. The first two tanks of gas averaged right at 20 mpg. Not sure why some of the other posts here do so poorly on mileage. I am not a lead foot, that probably helps! I would recommend this truck to anyone. It's perfect size and does whatever I need it to do, and with style!

First Truck
By David on 01/19/10 09:46 AM (PST)

This is the first truck I've owned, but I've always liked the looked of the Tacoma and trusted the reliability of Toyota. Due to a limited selection, I got the sport package and tow package which was more than I needed, but the truck has a beefy look. It rides well for a small truck and the 6M is fun to drive. I've only had the truck for about a month and haven't made any road trips, but as a daily commuter it is comfortable. I got the extended cab for the additional access, but like the other reviewer, I agree that the space would only work for a kid; however, its fine for small tools, groceries, etc. I considered the Nissan Frontier but I liked the and feel of the Toyota better.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Access-cab in WA is:

$136 per month*