Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Why so different?
By sweetjustice57

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2 2010 Tacoma 4x4's one is a 4 door sr5 and the other is an access cab with the trd package. The 4 door is very quiet and is a great truck, My truck with the trd package has so much road noise that I can't use a blue tooth devise. We bought the 4 door first brand new and we bought the trd used with 8,000 miles on it, I can't believe the difference in these to trucks for basically being the same vehicle, I am not happy with the trd truck although it runs good and no issues mechanically, just way to much road noise.

Truck is great, just need to reduce the road noise.

Access cab, AC, Speedctrl etc package..
By calletacoma

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Our first truck got it through a local car dealer as I traded in my VW 2.0 T Lemon (self disintegrating POS). Our Tacoma is fantastic with it's instant heat / AC. "Only" 159 HP, sure but it's 2.7 L engine produce plenty of torque. Mixed mpg was 21, which is great on a 2010 with 35K miles. Engine compartment looked in mint condition and the rest of the body had a few small dents / scratches. I'm keeping this car and adding a dew upgrades to it..

Love all of the features..

Improvements? only some third party ones..

Toyota Tacoma 2010 Bought New
By blipnick

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Problems: - Uncomfortable Seats - Uneven Pedals (clutch pedal is higher than the others) , foot is trapped between top of clutch pedal and underside of dash when releasing clutch (wearing workboots, 6 Ft. tall driver) - Stereo system is weak. Use of Aux. input requires turning volume up full. - Gas mileage is poor (25 MPG highway). - Stock rims rusting after 6 months. - 4 wheel drive switch not illuminated. - Requires multiple turn overs to start.

Toyota really needs to work on their ergonomics. Had to adjust the driver's seating position to avoid foot entrapment with the clutch pedal. Started rusting a little quickly for my tastes. How about a stainless steel exhaust system like other manufacturers? (Maybe a non metallic gas tank as well ?) I expect more given it's price tag.

build mistakes
By rmulder

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

the tacoma is an awsome truck with a few small but, painfull errors 1: the ABS and traction contol is too overwhelming(its the reason i lost my first truck.)2: the heater motors have issues and why cant the trucks heater and A/C work better, i can drive for 2 hours on full A/C and im still sweating.3: the rear shocks piled up on me on the last cold snap and now my truck is like an old suburban and never stops bouncing and the rear springs squeak everytime my truck moves.4: there is also a nice leak coming out from inbetween the tranny and motor. its all nagging me and getting old!!!! kind of sucky for 22000 KM.

nice torquey motor+ good tranny and transfer case= a lot of fun. the air bags work very well!

heater fan must be better built

My 2010 Toyota Tacoma, best pick-up truck I ever own........
By 2lolo

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my life time I own many trucks from Chevy, Ford etc. When I was a young kid when gas was $.89 a gal.

Just driving my 2010 Toyota Tacoma " Sports"

Can't think of anything.......