2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Why so different?
By sweetjustice57 on 08/29/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2 2010 Tacoma 4x4's one is a 4 door sr5 and the other is an access cab with the trd package. The 4 door is very quiet and is a great truck, My truck with the trd package has so much road noise that I can't use a blue tooth devise. We bought the 4 door first brand new and we bought the trd used with 8,000 miles on it, I can't believe the difference in these to trucks for basically being the same vehicle, I am not happy with the trd truck although it runs good and no issues mechanically, just way to much road noise.

Access cab, AC, Speedctrl etc package..
By calletacoma on 07/04/13 22:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Our first truck got it through a local car dealer as I traded in my VW 2.0 T Lemon (self disintegrating POS). Our Tacoma is fantastic with it's instant heat / AC. "Only" 159 HP, sure but it's 2.7 L engine produce plenty of torque. Mixed mpg was 21, which is great on a 2010 with 35K miles. Engine compartment looked in mint condition and the rest of the body had a few small dents / scratches. I'm keeping this car and adding a dew upgrades to it..

Toyota Tacoma 2010 Bought New
By blipnick on 06/07/12 05:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Problems: - Uncomfortable Seats - Uneven Pedals (clutch pedal is higher than the others) , foot is trapped between top of clutch pedal and underside of dash when releasing clutch (wearing workboots, 6 Ft. tall driver) - Stereo system is weak. Use of Aux. input requires turning volume up full. - Gas mileage is poor (25 MPG highway). - Stock rims rusting after 6 months. - 4 wheel drive switch not illuminated. - Requires multiple turn overs to start.

build mistakes
By rmulder on 02/04/12 22:23 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

the tacoma is an awsome truck with a few small but, painfull errors 1: the ABS and traction contol is too overwhelming(its the reason i lost my first truck.)2: the heater motors have issues and why cant the trucks heater and A/C work better, i can drive for 2 hours on full A/C and im still sweating.3: the rear shocks piled up on me on the last cold snap and now my truck is like an old suburban and never stops bouncing and the rear springs squeak everytime my truck moves.4: there is also a nice leak coming out from inbetween the tranny and motor. its all nagging me and getting old!!!! kind of sucky for 22000 KM.

My 2010 Toyota Tacoma, best pick-up truck I ever own........
By 2lolo on 03/09/11 12:52 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my life time I own many trucks from Chevy, Ford etc. When I was a young kid when gas was $.89 a gal.

Owned many Toyota's but this is my last!
By jscott418 on 12/26/10 19:02 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to lease my Toyota and had all kinds of trouble with the dealer. It took 4 months to get plates, they messed up paper work and had to redo. They did not notify me of this. So its not been good. So now for the truck, its a DOG plain and simple. The 4 Cylinder engine has 30 less HP then my wife's RAV 4 which has a smaller 4 Cyl? The 4 speed trans is awful and when its in overdrive which happens way too soon I get a vibration because the RPM's are so low and the engine lugs. Who ever mated this engine with the transmission and programed it does not drive it! I have had trouble with a whine from the trans too but have not been to a dealer yet.

Disappointed
By Toyotaowner on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a Tacoma for years, finally got one and I am sorry for it. The rear bumper has rusted all around the edges. One of the Plastic tie downs broke for no good reason. The engine ticks loudly. The Heater/A.C blower motor screeches, I did have that replaced under warranty.....and now the new one does the same thing! The access door won't open, I will be getting that fixed. The console between the two seats in the back is worthless and takes up a lot of room. The transmission also has trouble gearing down, almost like it is stuck in too high of a gear. Also sometimes I have a hard time getting it to gear down on the hwy while in cruise control. Awful vehicle

Nice truck!
By frank on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

Just bought pre-runner, auto, v6, this month. Love it! Everything inside out is all nice! One problem though, the transmission is a little sluggish, when slow down to 40, 30 mph. Overall, this is a nice truck!

Best pick-em-up-truck made
By Dan on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Quite simply the best intermediate pickup made. From style to quality of build, it is outstanding. The ride is very good and the bucket seats are fine for me and my wife. I don't understand why all the criticism of the seating. Well done Toyota.

Prepare for TRACTION!
By ooch owwch on 08/09/10 21:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced a 1995 Nissan pickup. I love this truck for the styling. It is bigger than my Nissan and gets better gas mileage and they are both 4- cylinder engines. The SR5 Prerunner is great for its value and features except for the front seats. These things separate your spinal discs no matter how you adjust the lumbar support. Even turned all the way down to no lumbar hump it cripples you by the time you get to a destination of 15 mins or longer and I am not 70, I'm 43yrs old and fit. UGH! I love this truck too much to return or sell it but I wish I had known before hand. Anyone who says it is comfortable is not in the 5'8" range. I'm definitely going to have to spend the bucks on new seats

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Access-cab in VA is:

$117 per month*