Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Very happy with my first truck
By tynash

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have almost 25,000 miles on my new truck, drove away from dealership with 164 miles in Jan 2010. Nothing short of impressed. Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to still fit in the garage. Did months of research before selecting this specific truck, read other reviews. Almost went with the auto, but reviews were night and day, some sort of "gear hunting" issue specific to the auto trans. The only issue I had was the blower motor which the dealership said was common to the Tacoma's lately. Manufacturing tolerances in the motor were incorrect, causing a squeaking sound when you turn the fan on. They replaced the blower motor earlier this year and the squeak has not come back.

Traction and stability are amazing. Drove through one of the worst snowstorms I've ever seen last winter, only got stuck attempting to pass through a snowbank I knew was too big. Mileage has been great for what the sticker said. It started low, (as it will for any new vehicle, through the break-in process), maybe 16-17mpg. I now routinely get between 21-22. A tip for others, (and I'm in no way, shape or form affiliated with Shell), but I definitely noticed an improvement in mileage switching to that brand of gas. It drops any time I fill up anywhere else, using only 87 octane, nothing special.

The Dunlop AT20's are garbage, low-cost tires. After only 10,000-15,000 miles, the water grooves on the side are gone, leaving solid blocks that don't allow water to escape. Hydroplaning is inevitable. No one I've spoken to has been happy with these tires on their vehicles. Ride comfort otherwise is great, as long as its not raining!

Fun to drive!
By joe812

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have clocked about 1000 miles so far. I thoroughly enjoy the ride and it is a LOT of fun. I bought a locking lid for the back and can fit bicycles, golf clubs, beach chairs, etc. in the back with no worries. 4 doors up front allow me to carry 4 adults comfortably. I looked at a few SUVs but realized I would be forced to fold the seats down for my recreation equipment thereby limiting passenger convenience; garage limitations prevent me from getting a behemoth SUV. I LOVE the manual transmission and this is a great truck for my weekend "adventures". I picked it up in February and it was fun to drive in the snow we got in the north east.

The FUN FACTOR. There are loads of storage cubby's in the cab so I can store jumper cables, snow brush, cleaning supplies, dog-stuff, etc. without having these things rolling around in the bed. Manual transmission shifts nicely and sport seats that came with the off-road model are comfortable.

The stock stereo is WEAK; I will replace. The BFG Rugged Trail tires were not impressive in the foul weather; replaced with Pirelli Scorpions. The big "TRD Off Road" stickers were gaudy; they were removed as well. I wish they offered a diesel option in the USA.

liked at first--but
By madcatter

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the truck, gas mileage isn't what I would like, but it is a truck. The only problem I have right now is after 1k miles--the bumper is rusting. Lotsa small specs. Waiting on dealer to call me back about it. Stock tires are junk. Other than that it rides well for a truck, good power I didn't expect the bumper to rust. If ya have a chrome bumper keep a eye on it.

v6 power with auto 5 speed. under seat storage 12v outlets keep accessory wires out of way.

Different size cup holders-to small locking boxes in bed back up camera is as much as a hazzard as a help - to small add a leaf spring at the factory

Solid fit and finish
By frogdaddy

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Researched for a long time. What a solid and refined vehicle. All plastic matches and doesn't squeak. Comfortable and smooth ride. Sits high enough without realizing it's a truck. Nice interior. Great storage and convertible seating. Versatility without being too big.

Camera in rear view mirror helps me back the truck into the garage. Composite bed. Tail lights and daytime running lights. Rail system in bed. Lots of cup holders.

Auto up windows. Sound system a little muffled.