Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Why so different?
By sweetjustice57

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2 2010 Tacoma 4x4's one is a 4 door sr5 and the other is an access cab with the trd package. The 4 door is very quiet and is a great truck, My truck with the trd package has so much road noise that I can't use a blue tooth devise. We bought the 4 door first brand new and we bought the trd used with 8,000 miles on it, I can't believe the difference in these to trucks for basically being the same vehicle, I am not happy with the trd truck although it runs good and no issues mechanically, just way to much road noise.

Suggested Improvements

Truck is great, just need to reduce the road noise.

Disappointed
By Toyotaowner

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a Tacoma for years, finally got one and I am sorry for it. The rear bumper has rusted all around the edges. One of the Plastic tie downs broke for no good reason. The engine ticks loudly. The Heater/A.C blower motor screeches, I did have that replaced under warranty.....and now the new one does the same thing! The access door won't open, I will be getting that fixed. The console between the two seats in the back is worthless and takes up a lot of room. The transmission also has trouble gearing down, almost like it is stuck in too high of a gear. Also sometimes I have a hard time getting it to gear down on the hwy while in cruise control. Awful vehicle

Favorite Features

The traction control is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Fix all of the issue that mine has!

Great little truck
By RCR

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the truck - it does great pulling our 2-horse aluminum trailer and we've not been stuck in the snow on our steep driveway. It gets fantastic gas mileage compared the the durango we traded in for it. On the downside, the steering wheel does not pull out far enough for someone with long legs, making the driver Rather uncomfortable. We pulled out the center console in the back for more space (it was easy). The automatic transmission doesn't shift well from almost stop to go - it can't seem to figure out which gear to be in.

Favorite Features

overall good vehicle

Suggested Improvements

make a package with bench seat and larger engine.

Envy of the Truck World
By Bruce

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I currently own four Toyotas, the experience i have had with this TRD packaged truck is the same boring run forever, well made, reliable, blah, blah, blah, that all my Toys have provided me. This truck has truly been a pleasure to drive, always starts up on the first revolutions, i could not find one exterior flaw, not one undercarriage flaw, composite bed is something that all trucks should have by now. The V6 provides an enormous amount of power while giving 20-20.7 miles to gallon when driven sensibly. Other truck owners have the look of "why didn't i spend the extra money" as they stare at my Barcelona Red TRD. Toyota even provides 2 years of free oil/filter, etc changes. No regrets.

Favorite Features

20+ MPG, composite bed with compartments and 110V outlet, seat ride feel and positioning, automatic transmission shifting

Suggested Improvements

In dash navigation/DVD from factory. Sunroof option needed.

Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
By BlueTacoMan

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Performance: Performance and handling is great. Has plenty of power. Driving the mountain pass had no problem passing the big rigs even towing. 4x4 handled the snow well. The electronic transfer to 4x4 is smooth. Interior: Quality throughout. TRD seating is very comfortable. AUX jack is a bit awkward in placement as the flap that covers it gets in the way. The sub woofer is a plus. B/U camera would be nice to be able to use when not in reverse. Exterior: The TRD Sport comes with a stylish hood scoop. The 17" TRD wheels and tires are stylish and handle well, especially in the snow. The composite bed is a plus as you don't need a bed liner, but is slick so cargo tends to shift and slide.

Favorite Features

Nice 6 Disc Changer and Subwoofer. V6 has plenty of power. Love the 4x4.

Suggested Improvements

Only has two D ring bed hooks at the rear of the bed. Would be nice to have two up at the front of the bed.