2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Why so different?
By sweetjustice57 on 08/29/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2 2010 Tacoma 4x4's one is a 4 door sr5 and the other is an access cab with the trd package. The 4 door is very quiet and is a great truck, My truck with the trd package has so much road noise that I can't use a blue tooth devise. We bought the 4 door first brand new and we bought the trd used with 8,000 miles on it, I can't believe the difference in these to trucks for basically being the same vehicle, I am not happy with the trd truck although it runs good and no issues mechanically, just way to much road noise.

Disappointed
By Toyotaowner on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a Tacoma for years, finally got one and I am sorry for it. The rear bumper has rusted all around the edges. One of the Plastic tie downs broke for no good reason. The engine ticks loudly. The Heater/A.C blower motor screeches, I did have that replaced under warranty.....and now the new one does the same thing! The access door won't open, I will be getting that fixed. The console between the two seats in the back is worthless and takes up a lot of room. The transmission also has trouble gearing down, almost like it is stuck in too high of a gear. Also sometimes I have a hard time getting it to gear down on the hwy while in cruise control. Awful vehicle

Great little truck
By RCR on 07/05/10 06:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We really like the truck - it does great pulling our 2-horse aluminum trailer and we've not been stuck in the snow on our steep driveway. It gets fantastic gas mileage compared the the durango we traded in for it. On the downside, the steering wheel does not pull out far enough for someone with long legs, making the driver Rather uncomfortable. We pulled out the center console in the back for more space (it was easy). The automatic transmission doesn't shift well from almost stop to go - it can't seem to figure out which gear to be in.

Envy of the Truck World
By Bruce on 04/12/10 06:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I currently own four Toyotas, the experience i have had with this TRD packaged truck is the same boring run forever, well made, reliable, blah, blah, blah, that all my Toys have provided me. This truck has truly been a pleasure to drive, always starts up on the first revolutions, i could not find one exterior flaw, not one undercarriage flaw, composite bed is something that all trucks should have by now. The V6 provides an enormous amount of power while giving 20-20.7 miles to gallon when driven sensibly. Other truck owners have the look of "why didn't i spend the extra money" as they stare at my Barcelona Red TRD. Toyota even provides 2 years of free oil/filter, etc changes. No regrets.

Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
By BlueTacoMan on 11/14/09 14:55 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Performance: Performance and handling is great. Has plenty of power. Driving the mountain pass had no problem passing the big rigs even towing. 4x4 handled the snow well. The electronic transfer to 4x4 is smooth. Interior: Quality throughout. TRD seating is very comfortable. AUX jack is a bit awkward in placement as the flap that covers it gets in the way. The sub woofer is a plus. B/U camera would be nice to be able to use when not in reverse. Exterior: The TRD Sport comes with a stylish hood scoop. The 17" TRD wheels and tires are stylish and handle well, especially in the snow. The composite bed is a plus as you don't need a bed liner, but is slick so cargo tends to shift and slide.

Tow Package
By Toyota Buyer on 11/01/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2010 Tacoma with a tow package as an option. The cost of the package was approximately 500+ dollars. Much to my surprise the package was lacking a tongue to hook up a trailer. Without the tongue the hitch is a useless piece of steel. Buyer beware Toyota is going cheap.

Best Mid Size Truck
By BEST TRUCK on 10/17/09 17:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned many trucks but new 2010 TACOMA stands out in every way. I shouldn't have to say that TACOMA is one of the most reliable and comfortable drive. These trucks run forever and require little maintenance. It's a great family truck for me.

Fast and Roomy
By SOHAIL on 10/11/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Tacoma for few weeks now and it's faster and more comfortable then any other mid size truck I've owned. I have lots of off-road features to play with. The interior of the truck is not cheap quality as most new vehicles these days. Toyota is always on TOP of quality and reliability.

Perfect Truck
By SOHAIL on 10/04/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this truck some 1 week now and I've been driving around to get used to is. This is my first truck. I love the quality interior and how quiet this truck is. My truck is TRD off road package and there are tons of offroad features in this package. Everyone keeps telling me how reliable Toyotas are. So far I have good experience with this.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma in NJ is:

$183 per month*