Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

build mistakes
By rmulder

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

the tacoma is an awsome truck with a few small but, painfull errors 1: the ABS and traction contol is too overwhelming(its the reason i lost my first truck.)2: the heater motors have issues and why cant the trucks heater and A/C work better, i can drive for 2 hours on full A/C and im still sweating.3: the rear shocks piled up on me on the last cold snap and now my truck is like an old suburban and never stops bouncing and the rear springs squeak everytime my truck moves.4: there is also a nice leak coming out from inbetween the tranny and motor. its all nagging me and getting old!!!! kind of sucky for 22000 KM.

Favorite Features

nice torquey motor+ good tranny and transfer case= a lot of fun. the air bags work very well!

Suggested Improvements

heater fan must be better built

Best pick-em-up-truck made
By Dan

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Quite simply the best intermediate pickup made. From style to quality of build, it is outstanding. The ride is very good and the bucket seats are fine for me and my wife. I don't understand why all the criticism of the seating. Well done Toyota.

Favorite Features

Styling.

2010 Tacoma
By Don

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my new Tacoma with high hopes that it would match up to my old 1992 SR5 Toyota truck. I am very disappointed to say that it does not. The steering wheel does not angle high enough to get out of the way of my knee when I shift. Come-on Toyota. The center console storage compartment should lift back, not to the side. I already had to replace my passenger side seat belt because it was torn. The gas mileage is horrible for a manual,(15-16). The engine is loud above 2300 rpm. The engine does not throttle down fast enough when you shift so you get this horrible whining each time you shift gears. I had much more storage in the cab with my 1992 Toyota. 250K with this truck. Not a chance

Favorite Features

body style. plenty of power. composite bed. bed storage compartments. nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

more angle up on the steering wheel. better gas mileage. 15-16 is horrible. I doubt the posts on the 20mpg. Better rear seats. Remove the rear cab center console. Its just in the way. More storage inside the cab.

Very Uncomfortable
By James

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the styling, performance, quality of build. However, the seats are very uncomfortable! They make your back hurt if you drive for any distance. I even had the cloth seat covers replaced w/ leather. It did not help. I am seriously thinking about trading this vehicle for something else. I have never thought about getting rid of a new vehicle! Stock stereo system and speakers are WEAK! I replaced them.

Favorite Features

quality build

Suggested Improvements

Offer a Recaro or Corbeau seat through TRD! Offer Leather Seat Covers. Offer upgraded Stereo Systems. Offer Home Link. Offer Seat Heaters.

TRD Off-Road
By Richard

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best bang for your buck in the truck world. The 6-speed transmission is pretty much flawless. TRD Suspension is very compliant for a daily driver. Tires aren't the best but that is personal preference. There is a reason the taco is the best selling truck.

Favorite Features

6M, reliability, aftermarket support for suspension tuning

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy for the V6 for those who want it, and 300hp option for others. Audio setup is poor design, but works decent.