2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
build mistakes
By rmulder on 02/04/12 22:23 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

the tacoma is an awsome truck with a few small but, painfull errors 1: the ABS and traction contol is too overwhelming(its the reason i lost my first truck.)2: the heater motors have issues and why cant the trucks heater and A/C work better, i can drive for 2 hours on full A/C and im still sweating.3: the rear shocks piled up on me on the last cold snap and now my truck is like an old suburban and never stops bouncing and the rear springs squeak everytime my truck moves.4: there is also a nice leak coming out from inbetween the tranny and motor. its all nagging me and getting old!!!! kind of sucky for 22000 KM.

Best pick-em-up-truck made
By Dan on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Quite simply the best intermediate pickup made. From style to quality of build, it is outstanding. The ride is very good and the bucket seats are fine for me and my wife. I don't understand why all the criticism of the seating. Well done Toyota.

2010 Tacoma
By Don on 06/04/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my new Tacoma with high hopes that it would match up to my old 1992 SR5 Toyota truck. I am very disappointed to say that it does not. The steering wheel does not angle high enough to get out of the way of my knee when I shift. Come-on Toyota. The center console storage compartment should lift back, not to the side. I already had to replace my passenger side seat belt because it was torn. The gas mileage is horrible for a manual,(15-16). The engine is loud above 2300 rpm. The engine does not throttle down fast enough when you shift so you get this horrible whining each time you shift gears. I had much more storage in the cab with my 1992 Toyota. 250K with this truck. Not a chance

Very Uncomfortable
By James on 05/09/10 06:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like the styling, performance, quality of build. However, the seats are very uncomfortable! They make your back hurt if you drive for any distance. I even had the cloth seat covers replaced w/ leather. It did not help. I am seriously thinking about trading this vehicle for something else. I have never thought about getting rid of a new vehicle! Stock stereo system and speakers are WEAK! I replaced them.

TRD Off-Road
By Richard on 12/22/09 14:48 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best bang for your buck in the truck world. The 6-speed transmission is pretty much flawless. TRD Suspension is very compliant for a daily driver. Tires aren't the best but that is personal preference. There is a reason the taco is the best selling truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma in VA is:

$94 per month*