Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Second Toyota I'm owned
By Callie

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Design changes with respect to my 2003 Toyota are great. The opposing rear doors to load items behind the seats is an excellent change. The tilt/telescoping steering wheel is not well engineered. I'm 6"4" and the steering wheel will not rise as high as my 2003 and my legs hit the steering when when I get into the driver's set. The other item that needs re-engineering is the overhead display of the temp/compass. It is dimmer than the clock and can't been seen during daylight driving very well. The gas tank door is another item that needs changing. My 2003 had a saw tooth device to attach the gas cap while fueling. The 2010 has nothing to hold the gas cap. Overall, I am well satisfied.

Opposing rear doors in the extended cab, electrical outlet in the truck bed, composite truck bed, overhead temp/compass display.

Increase brightness of overhead temp/compass, allow tilt/telescoping steering wheel to move higher, change radio display to orange color so it can be seen better and hide the sub-wolfer.

I'm a TACO man !
By Sasquatch

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased my 2010 Taco' (Pre- Runner V6 SR5 auto) with the TRD off- road package in Pyrite Mica. I love, love, love this truck. Added the bull bar, chrome accents to mirrors, door handles, front and rear taillights, and a tool box. The first two tanks of gas averaged right at 20 mpg. Not sure why some of the other posts here do so poorly on mileage. I am not a lead foot, that probably helps! I would recommend this truck to anyone. It's perfect size and does whatever I need it to do, and with style!

Size, styling, comfort (I'm 6ft 3), looks and ride. Great gas mileage.

Toyota should offer an integrated stereo, navigation, and bluetooth option for such a nice vehicle.

First Truck
By David

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first truck I've owned, but I've always liked the looked of the Tacoma and trusted the reliability of Toyota. Due to a limited selection, I got the sport package and tow package which was more than I needed, but the truck has a beefy look. It rides well for a small truck and the 6M is fun to drive. I've only had the truck for about a month and haven't made any road trips, but as a daily commuter it is comfortable. I got the extended cab for the additional access, but like the other reviewer, I agree that the space would only work for a kid; however, its fine for small tools, groceries, etc. I considered the Nissan Frontier but I liked the and feel of the Toyota better.

Sporty look, fun to drive (6M), good reputation, handy cleats and storage areas in the bed.

I haven't checked the mileage, but it seems low, probably close to the 16 sticker. I was hoping the manual trans would help with mileage. Big blind spot due to the frame between the driver door and access door. I'm not a fan of orange instrument panel lighting, but thats just personal preference.