2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Why so different?
By sweetjustice57 on 08/29/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2 2010 Tacoma 4x4's one is a 4 door sr5 and the other is an access cab with the trd package. The 4 door is very quiet and is a great truck, My truck with the trd package has so much road noise that I can't use a blue tooth devise. We bought the 4 door first brand new and we bought the trd used with 8,000 miles on it, I can't believe the difference in these to trucks for basically being the same vehicle, I am not happy with the trd truck although it runs good and no issues mechanically, just way to much road noise.

Access cab, AC, Speedctrl etc package..
By calletacoma on 07/04/13 22:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Our first truck got it through a local car dealer as I traded in my VW 2.0 T Lemon (self disintegrating POS). Our Tacoma is fantastic with it's instant heat / AC. "Only" 159 HP, sure but it's 2.7 L engine produce plenty of torque. Mixed mpg was 21, which is great on a 2010 with 35K miles. Engine compartment looked in mint condition and the rest of the body had a few small dents / scratches. I'm keeping this car and adding a dew upgrades to it..

Toyota Tacoma Not needs work
By lawje on 03/13/13 11:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 Tacoma in CNY and was disappointed from day one. 179 miles on with large scratch. Dealer fixed but not a good sign. Major complaints: Radio seemed to be very low. Volume was on 50 to hear radio with windo down. Handling, not great. Constant noise when van or heat turned on. Later found out it was a recall and Toyota did not let me know after I complained. Gas mileage...maybe 16 mpg average driving. Not very comfortable for someone 6'00 tall. Sold after 2 years and 25,000 mile. Also have a 2005 Toyota 4runner which is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Overall great truck
By whynotyoko on 10/08/12 20:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Long Wheel Base (SPORT PKG) in January 2010 and have driven 64,000 miles with no major issues. I have had one small annoying issue (blower fan). The blower fan has a chirp but cannot be fixed and the unit has been replaced by the dealer 4 times. It's simply a design flaw because they use cheap bearings and not good sealed bearings for the blower fan. I've driven from Canada to Florida and repeatedly from Tennessee to Michigan for family and business. It blasted through 20 inches of snow the weekend I purchased it. The Dunlop tires were so-so, but I replaced with Michelin LTX AT2 and it provided great dirt, road and snow performance. Highly recommend!!

Toyota Tacoma 2010 Bought New
By blipnick on 06/07/12 05:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Problems: - Uncomfortable Seats - Uneven Pedals (clutch pedal is higher than the others) , foot is trapped between top of clutch pedal and underside of dash when releasing clutch (wearing workboots, 6 Ft. tall driver) - Stereo system is weak. Use of Aux. input requires turning volume up full. - Gas mileage is poor (25 MPG highway). - Stock rims rusting after 6 months. - 4 wheel drive switch not illuminated. - Requires multiple turn overs to start.

build mistakes
By rmulder on 02/04/12 22:23 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

the tacoma is an awsome truck with a few small but, painfull errors 1: the ABS and traction contol is too overwhelming(its the reason i lost my first truck.)2: the heater motors have issues and why cant the trucks heater and A/C work better, i can drive for 2 hours on full A/C and im still sweating.3: the rear shocks piled up on me on the last cold snap and now my truck is like an old suburban and never stops bouncing and the rear springs squeak everytime my truck moves.4: there is also a nice leak coming out from inbetween the tranny and motor. its all nagging me and getting old!!!! kind of sucky for 22000 KM.

Water Infiltration
By john1961 on 12/29/11 13:00 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am wondering if anyone else had water infiltration problems caused by incomplete seal behind cab. I could see the water clearly under the mat and the dealer found that the joint on the cab between cab and box was poorly done. They repaired the joint and replaced the foam beneath the carpet however there was always a smell in the truck. I recently brought it in and they agreed about the smell but wanted me to pay for some canister they would use to eliminate all odours, I had to argue my point despite them knowing full well the problem was real. I had ducks waiting to get in there was so much water inside

Very happy with my first truck
By tynash on 09/25/11 18:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have almost 25,000 miles on my new truck, drove away from dealership with 164 miles in Jan 2010. Nothing short of impressed. Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to still fit in the garage. Did months of research before selecting this specific truck, read other reviews. Almost went with the auto, but reviews were night and day, some sort of "gear hunting" issue specific to the auto trans. The only issue I had was the blower motor which the dealership said was common to the Tacoma's lately. Manufacturing tolerances in the motor were incorrect, causing a squeaking sound when you turn the fan on. They replaced the blower motor earlier this year and the squeak has not come back.

Suspension Problems
By john1961 on 08/24/11 07:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed with the weak suspension caused by poor design. This is my 3rd Toyota truck and after poor response from Toyota Canada probably my last. For the sake of $350.00 for a solution they are willing to lose a longtime loyal client. If anyone has had success with Toyota to correct the problem I would like to know. Toyota were once known for their quality and durability but now I feel it's all about money

My 2010 Toyota Tacoma, best pick-up truck I ever own........
By 2lolo on 03/09/11 12:52 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my life time I own many trucks from Chevy, Ford etc. When I was a young kid when gas was $.89 a gal.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tacoma in VA is:

$119 per month*