Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Why the following?
By Robert

2010 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned my Tacoma 6 years. Base model. I hope the resale is good that will be the only thing I would like about this truck. I am a full size guy 230lbs and the seat has not held up very well. Lower back and rear end support are no longer there. I don’t know where all the 159 horses are when trying to maintain highway speed on modest uphill grade. I would expect much better fuel economy with this type performance. Pay load capacity is pathetic therefore I cant consider this a truck. 800lbs is dangerous. 5 to 600lbs of gear and dirt bike with a crosswind will make for a white knuckle drive and that’s after the addition of helper spring. Think about it, there are cars that you can put more in the trunk. However the truck has been reliable but I will not buy another. I do believe the following comes from Toyota's past reputation.

Why so different?
By sweetjustice57

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2 2010 Tacoma 4x4's one is a 4 door sr5 and the other is an access cab with the trd package. The 4 door is very quiet and is a great truck, My truck with the trd package has so much road noise that I can't use a blue tooth devise. We bought the 4 door first brand new and we bought the trd used with 8,000 miles on it, I can't believe the difference in these to trucks for basically being the same vehicle, I am not happy with the trd truck although it runs good and no issues mechanically, just way to much road noise.

Truck is great, just need to reduce the road noise.

Access cab, AC, Speedctrl etc package..
By calletacoma

2010 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Our first truck got it through a local car dealer as I traded in my VW 2.0 T Lemon (self disintegrating POS). Our Tacoma is fantastic with it's instant heat / AC. "Only" 159 HP, sure but it's 2.7 L engine
produce plenty of torque. Mixed mpg was 21, which is great on a 2010 with 35K miles. Engine compartment looked in mint condition and the rest of the body had a few small dents / scratches. I'm keeping this car and adding a dew upgrades to it..

Love all of the features..

Improvements? only some third party ones..

Toyota Tacoma Not needs work
By lawje

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 Tacoma in CNY and was disappointed from day one.
179 miles on with large scratch.
Dealer fixed but not a good sign.
Major complaints:
Radio seemed to be very low.
Volume was on 50 to hear radio with windo down.
Handling, not great.
Constant noise when van or heat turned on.
Later found out it was a recall and Toyota did not let me know after I complained.
Gas mileage...maybe 16 mpg average driving. Not very comfortable for someone 6'00 tall. Sold after 2 years and 25,000 mile.
Also have a 2005 Toyota 4runner which is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Looks grea! Actually purchased because I needed a small truck and as far as compact trucks go....the competion is lacking. Great Resale! The backup camera! Loved it!

I realize it is not an American Truck...which they make in Texas now I believe. But make it alittle more comfortable to sit in. Seats need to be deeper. I am 6'02" tall. Radio has some issues, not sure how to fix that.

Overall great truck
By whynotyoko

2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Long Wheel Base (SPORT PKG) in January 2010 and have driven 64,000 miles with no major issues. I have had one small annoying issue (blower fan). The blower fan has a chirp but cannot be fixed and the unit has been replaced by the dealer 4 times. It's simply a design flaw because they use cheap bearings and not good sealed bearings for the blower fan. I've driven from Canada to Florida and repeatedly from Tennessee to Michigan for family and business. It blasted through 20 inches of snow the weekend I purchased it. The Dunlop tires were so-so, but I replaced with Michelin LTX AT2 and it provided great dirt, road and snow performance. Highly recommend!!

PROS: -Ride comfort (I'm 6-2, 250) -Sound system (JBL with sub) -Mileage (avg 17.5 city and 20.8 hwy for leadfoot) -Rear seat comfort -FWD system -Camera -Aftermarket options available (exhaust, winch CONS: -Towing..4.0L V6 struggled with 5000lb trailer (V8?) -Blower motor (design flaw and it chirp

Maybe Toyota will increase the bed length 6 inches and add a V8 to add to the pulling capability. The V6 seems underpowered with a 5000lb trailer.