Very happy consumer
By ne_yota on
2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
My experience has been excellent. Zero issues to date (31,000 miles now). I collected every gas receipt since the purchase (6 miles rolling out of dealership), and averaged 20 mpg with a high of 22. Power has been very good. The Sport model suspension is perfect for high-way driving at speed. I have not experienced the issues that others provided here. The AC is almost too cold, no electrical issues, handles very good in the snow, accelerates very well onto the highway, and no body fit issues. The goal is 400,000 miles, and I don't feel that it is unrealistic.
Favorite Features
Steering radius is on par, or better than my Golf TDI. The truck has saved me twice on blackice with the traction control. The 2nd time going 60mph. TOTALLY WORTH IT! I now consider it auto AND life insurance. I can't understand those who say it doesn't have good acceleration. Warms up fast in the winter. Rear view camera was considered a novelty at first, but now I miss it when driving other cars.
Suggested Improvements
Heated rear view mirrors for winter time. Brakes are a bit dead feeling. The interior design is kind of weak, especially at the radio area. Obviously splitting hairs here. The rear window is sort of small. The two rubber strips on the roof have come off twice. Glad I didn't opt for the roof rails. I wouldn't have any confidence in them staying put.