One Year Later
By slyonEI on
2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
I've had my truck one year now. Some marks have dropped a bit I am sure. The 4 cyl w/ the 4x4 and extended cab is adequate most of the time. The only time I notice it bogging out is on the highway going up a big hill. If you're going 70 mph prepare to drop to fourth to maintain 60 mph. Mixed feelings on the traction control; it, along with the abs seem to do more harm than good. Don't be afraid to turn it off (in the right circumstances that can be a lot of fun). Fuel economy is pretty good (~23 mpg. Lot of city driving). Excellent in the 50-60 mph range (keep the revs under 2k). My Buddy just bought a ranger, I'm shaking my head at the "deal" he got vs what he'll spend in gas. She's a tank.
Favorite Features
Adjustable tie downs, car-like handling, fuel economy, off-road fortitude, ladies like it, 9 cup holders, plastic bed, storage cubbyholes, stereo.
Suggested Improvements
2 speed wipers? traction control, bolts to bed & anchors for tailgate starting to rust, sure would like to see a nice little diesel like the Euros can get.