2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Toyota quality?

2009 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Base Access Cab (2.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

Toyota quality?
By seanski1 on

2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

1. On fourth radio! Replaced under warranty, all. Radio would turn on, on it's own, turn off on it's own, wouldn't turn on at all and would not shut off when needed. Toyota radio's can have issues. Talking with lady today who I shared shuttle bus home from Toyota (more on that down page) and she too experienced problematic stereo system in her Toyota. 2. Steering linkage boot torn underside of truck which apparently needed whole steering assembly be replaced not just boot cover. This also under warranty. 3.Reason for this report? Truck is an '09, with 57,000km on it and is now in shop for a new starter! No warranty left, $500 bill coming up!

Favorite Features

Comfortable, well finished with nice appointments inside. Full assortment of airbags, traction control etc. This truck rides like a car, very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure I just got one of those vehicles that has issues. I'm not out to brand the brand with negativity. 3 years, or 60,000km warranty with respect to issues with starter replacement isn't acceptable in my opinion. I think it needs review and a correction.