2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: One Year Later

2009 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

One Year Later
By slyonEI on

2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my truck one year now. Some marks have dropped a bit I am sure. The 4 cyl w/ the 4x4 and extended cab is adequate most of the time. The only time I notice it bogging out is on the highway going up a big hill. If you're going 70 mph prepare to drop to fourth to maintain 60 mph. Mixed feelings on the traction control; it, along with the abs seem to do more harm than good. Don't be afraid to turn it off (in the right circumstances that can be a lot of fun). Fuel economy is pretty good (~23 mpg. Lot of city driving). Excellent in the 50-60 mph range (keep the revs under 2k). My Buddy just bought a ranger, I'm shaking my head at the "deal" he got vs what he'll spend in gas. She's a tank.

Adjustable tie downs, car-like handling, fuel economy, off-road fortitude, ladies like it, 9 cup holders, plastic bed, storage cubbyholes, stereo.

2 speed wipers? traction control, bolts to bed & anchors for tailgate starting to rust, sure would like to see a nice little diesel like the Euros can get.