No regrets - exactly what I wanted
By Fla Dave on
2009 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
I bought the reg cab base with AC because I plan on owning this truck long after most power options would fail. Occasionally I wish I had gotten power windows, door locks, and the rear window, but I can live without that stuff. I love this truck. I got sideswiped across the front by a red light runner going 40, and you could hardly tell the truck had been hit. It's tough. But mostly I love the confidence of everyone from my mechanic to strangers telling me it was a good choice. I paid the TMV out the door (incl tax and BS) so I got it for a good price. Edmunds was the best helper I had in the process. I took it on a long road trip up north and it did well in the mountains.
Favorite Features
City mileage 16 lead footing, 19 babying. HWY mileage was 29 on i95 and 24 in the mountains. I would have rather had vinyl seats and flooring, but the interior is very nice.
Suggested Improvements
Stake holes in the truck bed walls would be nice. A vinyl seat and floor option would be nice for keeping it extra clean. An extra foot on the bed wouldn't hurt.