2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: No regrets - exactly what I wa

2009 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

No regrets - exactly what I wanted
By Fla Dave on

2009 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the reg cab base with AC because I plan on owning this truck long after most power options would fail. Occasionally I wish I had gotten power windows, door locks, and the rear window, but I can live without that stuff. I love this truck. I got sideswiped across the front by a red light runner going 40, and you could hardly tell the truck had been hit. It's tough. But mostly I love the confidence of everyone from my mechanic to strangers telling me it was a good choice. I paid the TMV out the door (incl tax and BS) so I got it for a good price. Edmunds was the best helper I had in the process. I took it on a long road trip up north and it did well in the mountains.

City mileage 16 lead footing, 19 babying. HWY mileage was 29 on i95 and 24 in the mountains. I would have rather had vinyl seats and flooring, but the interior is very nice.

Stake holes in the truck bed walls would be nice. A vinyl seat and floor option would be nice for keeping it extra clean. An extra foot on the bed wouldn't hurt.