Love my Tacoma
By Cleveland Ohio on
2009 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased this truck new. This is my first pick up truck. It has lots of power for a 4 cyl and rides nice. I purchased it as a second vehicle so I didn't get all of the extras just AC and sliding rear window. It seems to get around 21-23 MPG mixed mostly city driving. A few months after driving it i did experience the feeling of riding over railroad tracks when decelerating. I heard it was due to the torque converter not disengaging but since the tranny shifted excellent, I didn't want the dealer to mess with it. It seems to have gone away on its own and I haven't noticed it all Summer. I like the fact that if I get my speed up to 38 mph, the od kicks in and will stay eng down to 30.
Favorite Features
Powerful 4cyl engine, nice riding, ice cold AC but don't really need it much with sliding rear window. Great MPG for a pickup truck.
Suggested Improvements
get rid of the bench seats and offer bucket seats(I see that they have done this with the 2011 4x4 AT reg cab). Needs a locking tailgate. Also needs to add a wide view mirror to the drivers side outside mirror, major blind spot on base cab due to the pillar by the rear of the seat.