2009 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Nice Truck - Xmission could

2009 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

V6 Access Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

Nice Truck - Xmission could be better
By Ed on

2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck in June 09. I have had it for about 7 months now. I like the look of the Tacoma. ALL of the switches should be illuminated (ex 4x4), and there should be a foglight "on" indicator. My biggest complaint, like others, is the transmission. The transmission seems to down shift too quickly. After slowing down to turn a corner, it "hunts" to find the right gear. This should be addressed by Toyota.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling. I peeled off the TRD graphics (too gaudy for me), and love the style of the truck. It also seems to have tons of power. The composite bed, and tie down rails are brilliant!! MPG isn't bad 16-20 around town, 20-22 highway. Pockets in bed are handy too!

Suggested Improvements

TRANSMISSION - this is a common complaint. Also, the foglight switch, or dash, should have a "FOGLIGHTS ON" indicator light. A light for the bed would be nice. Storage for a laptop (like F-150) would be nice too. The Compass / Temp indicator is not readable in sunlight.