New Taco
By Bill on
2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
The 09 is a great truck, lots of smooth power, good ride, bigger and more comfortable interior than my 97. Love the 4 doors (clamshell style). Happy with fuel economy overall, getting advertised numbers or a little better. Looked at 4cyl 5spd for better MPG but decided to go with V6 auto and no regrets. Stereo is OK for me, like the MP3 playback. Didn't get TRD, not worth the difference in price for me. Lots of new safety features on the 09 played a big part on my decision to go new. This is my 4th Toyota, 3rd truck and all have proven reliable so far. I loved my 97 taco but this truck is way better in many ways and I'm sure we will have a long, happy life
Favorite Features
Powerful V6 and smooth 5spd auto. MP3 playback stereo with steering wheel control. Rear doors. Composite bed with movable tie downs. Comfortable interior. Lots of storage. Overall look and feel of quality.
Suggested Improvements
Add sunroof option. Make intermittent wipers standard. I likely would have anyway but I had to buy a $2200 package to get them. Give me a break Toyota. Lose the gated shifter.