my 5th
By PBucks on
2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
This is my 5th Tacoma and like all the others like it a lot. My son took my '04 4 banger stick access cab to college. So I picked up this automatic version as a replacement. So far I really like this bigger body style. I normally get the easiest color to keep clean but this new Barcelona red called out my name when I first saw it. I get many compliments on the look of the truck. Must say though I miss the manual transmission. I've been checking the fuel mileage and it is 24 MPG. I was thinking about getting a full size Ford or Chevy this time for less money but I'm really glad I stayed with the Tacoma. I think they are the best and most useful mode of transportation for my needs.
Favorite Features
Big truck feel in a medium package. I find the rearview camera to be helpful once you get used to it.
Suggested Improvements
Like someone said earlier it needs some type of cast wheel option. The stamped silver steel wheels look lousy with the bright red color. Also wished the optional fog lights were a plug and play kit that you could buy.