Just OK
By Just OK on
2009 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Because of the financial issues of the big three and the historical reliability success of the Toyotas, I decided to purchase the 2009 TRD Taco. Although the truck seems to perform fairly well, the transmission issues are really annoying. What's even more annoying is that Toyota claims that this is not a problem and is that it is performing as designed. Although the truck has some great features, it also has some flaws. I am now concerned with the overall reliability and wish I would have purchased a Ford. Having said that, I am pleased that it can tow a trailer with four motorcycles and carry four adults rather effortlessly in the mountains of Colorado.
Favorite Features
Good looks, towing capability for a small truck, decent off road performance and good overall utility vehicle with enough room for my small family. The 120 V receptacle in the bed is very useful.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission problems. No cargo light or intermittent wipers. annoying horn when locking and unlocking. Cheap carpet. Relentless seat belt reminder. Cruise control is plus or minus 3 MPH. Needs a "real" locking differential in the rear.