I Made A Great Choice!
By Steve on
2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I made a great choice in purchasing the Toyota Tacoma. In the past 7 months I can report no major problems. Besides the less then impressive gas mileage the only problem I had was erratic down & up shifting problems. The transmission was not down shifting or up shifting smoothly at slower speeds and corners. I took the Tacoma back to the dealer and they did an “ECU Calibration” update to the computer. Since the update to the computer, I have not had the erratic shifting problems. The V6 power is there when you need it, and it handles just fine. The ride is a truck, I expected that. It’s a fun truck to drive!
Favorite Features
I love the exterior design; I think it’s the best looking midsize truck out on the road. There are many useful storage compartments
Suggested Improvements
Lay out a few of the switches and accessory jacks in a more user friendly location. The interior is laid out pretty good except for the row of switch’s (AUX jack, cig lighter, A- Trac, AUX power) below the fan & heat/cold controls. They are very hard to see or use when driving.