Brand New Taco
By Bill on
2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Just got a new V6 auto Access Cab 4x4. Lost my 97 to the frame issue. Tried a 4cyl 5spd and I liked it but didn't want the manual for daily driving. This is my 4th Toyota, 3 trucks and a Highlander, and all have served me well. I have the SR5 package with PW, PL, inter. wipers, cruise, etc. Not the top level TRD. First impressions are very positive. Like the ride, smoother than the 97 but still trucklike stiff. The power is great and transmission is very smooth. The cab is bigger and more comfortable and fit and finish are excellent. I find it fits me very well but limited adjustment of seat and steering wheel my create trouble for some. I will update my review once I have more drive time.
Favorite Features
V6 engine and auto tranny are powerful and smooth. Firm but comfortable ride, big cab, 4 doors, excellent fit and finish, comfortable seats and driving position for me. Composite box. Steering wheel audio control. I like the look of the truck. New safety features for 2009. Fair stereo for a truck.
Suggested Improvements
Gated shifter seems cumbersome when shifting gears. Should be redesigned. More adjustability for tilt and telescopic steering wheel. Int. wipers should be standard on all trims. You have to buy a $2000+ option package to get them in Canada. Give me a break Toyota.