2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Big step up from my 1999 taco

2009 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Big step up from my 1999 taco
By Montana RRT on

2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Well, it has only been 3 days but this truck is awesome, way better than my 99 taco x-cab 4 banger 4x4. Fit and finish are excellent. Ride rivals that of my wifes grand Cherokee (car like). Only thing I am having trouble with is you cant hear the engine and it is a manual tranny. I have always just shifted on instinct and now I have to use a tach. I guess the trade off is the very quiet ride. All the standard safety features are nice (6 airbags, trac cont, 4 wheel abs all base model stuff now). I will get the monitor for the tailgate cam, will help with hooking up the trailer. This is my 8th Toyota vehicle, and it appears they have hit yet another grand slam.

STAR safety, quiet smooth ride, quality build. Great MPG (averaging about 23, and not even broken in yet.

Get rid of the TPMS (tire pressure monitor system) I know it is required by law but make it easy to disable, its the most useless thing I have ever seen on a vehicle (any vehicle not just Toyota). OR make TPMS sensors universal for all wheels, both alloys and steel, (they are not interchangeable!!!