A pleasure
By feesey on
2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
This truck surpasses my 2 previous Toyota trucks in comfort and features, inside and out. Last Toyota was a '99 SR5 4x4. After 10 great years, lost to the '08 frame recall for which I was reimbursed . No other vehicle was better in its class. Looking at fuel prices and my new status as a senior, a modest baseline, 4x4 4 banger was my choice. I tested heavily before I bought, steep mountain grades on gravel to blacktop straightaways with 1/4 ton of clay aboard (quite a sight at the dealership!). Pleasantly surprised at power and agility. The 2.7-4 really performs, unexpectedly quiet, watch the tach. Front transmission is now on a switch - nice touch. Cab is roomy.
Favorite Features
Bed of the truck is sprung heavier than the 99, like you are actually going to haul stuff! Liner is well designed for easy cleaning haulage and storage. Those extra 2 doors actually make the back useful. Better braking on bigger wheels.
Suggested Improvements
When you have mounted snows on separate wheels, necessary here in Canada, it causes a warning light on the dash. Please fix this.