2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: A Little Disappointed

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

A Little Disappointed
By Maryland Mike on

2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck for home improvements and for utility reasons. I had a 4Runner before this and was a fan of Toyota. I love the 4Dr long bed and couldn't be happier with overall design and function. I love the fold down back seats and tie downs in the bed. I had trouble with passenger side window sometimes doesn't go down without driver first using driver side switch. Passenger side speaker seems blown out from the start. Transmission hunts after slowing to make a turn. Wiper speed switch seems to be reversed compared to old 4Runner, meaning what should be longer time between wipes is actually shorter time. That combined with passenger window issue makes me think wiring problems.

Back up camera, interior design including plastic covering on back side of back seats and storage areas, tie down hooks and storage bins in bed. Towing ability and gas mileage. Handsome exterior looks.

Toyota has to fix the hunting transmission at lower speeds, its annoying. Fog lights "on" indicator would be nice. For my truck, fix the passenger window problem and bad speaker. It seems the wiper switch is improperly wired.