2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
2009 V6 Toyota Double Cab TRD sport
By Waynep on 03/16/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Rides and handles well, front seat is too low to be comfortable on longer trips. Quiet and smooth good fit and finish, rear seats very comfortable. Tons of storage in cab and in bed.

Just Bought
By Jon on 02/25/09 22:00 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the magnetic grey 4wd v6 automatic double cab w/ 6ft long bed w/ towing package. Looks are awesome! Inside is nice, love the backup cam. Says it can pull 6500lbs which is no slouch. I also found out how to disable the seatbelt buzzer when not wearing the seatbelt. Very cool feature! Even in winter the heater heats up super fast. Engine seems a little noisy though. Good power also. Basically a nice truck but to early to tell how it's going to do once I put some mileage on it. So far so good.

All Smiles
By Stasch on 02/17/09 19:11 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been wanting this vehicle for the longest time. The heavy snowfall in Erie sent my wife and me over the edge and we got the Tacoma. Simply love it. Tons of room in the cab for me (I'm 6'3") and a car seat in the back. This truck handles amazing in the snow and ice. I have yet to get stuck... and I have tried! The safety features Toyota put into this truck are really impressive and allow it to handle great in all conditions. Lots of power, gas mileage is not the best, however, its much better than other trucks out there. All in all, I am very happy with the Tacoma.

None Better!!
By TexExpress on 02/16/09 16:32 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Toyota 4x4 pickup (also had 86 and 93 4Runners and 01 Sequoia). Still driving a 91 4 cyl, 5 speed 4x4 and traded off a 04 Tacoma for the 09. By far this 09 is the best! All the elements have come together in a great pickup. Ride is exceptional, power and performance outstanding under any conditions and it looks good too! I have driven city, highway, off road, good and bad weather and this pickup has not disappointed! I have the TRD Offroad PKG (can't live without my 4x4) with Towing. Interior controls are easy to reach and read with a quiet ride for a 4x4. Toyota, thanks for continuing the tradition of best in class 4x4!!!

Great Truck, But Not Perfect
By Matt on 02/15/09 06:41 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This being my second Tacoma, I expected Toyota to have made an amazing truck even better. It is better in some aspects: size, comfort, ride, and amenities. But, one thing I have found so far is that this truck has many little annoyances. For example, the brakes are a joke. It feels like I'm driving a car from the seventies with no power brakes. I feel myself being very cautious when stopping at a red light - afraid I might just run over the car in front of me. Can't imagine towing a boat or a trailer with these brakes. Another thing is a mysterious sound coming out of the driver-side seat belt pillar. It sounds like a screw is rolling around in there. Very annoying.

No More Fords For Me
By Randy on 02/10/09 13:54 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After almost buying a 2009 F-150 4.6L, I decided upon the Tacoma. I was leery about the 150's fuel mileage, and checked many Tacoma Forums for their mileage assessments. That being said, I have NO regrets at all. The Tacoma, to me, rides like a car with the benefit of a truck. I owned two Ford Rangers previous to this purchase, and the difference is night and day. Interior is superb and luxurious compared to the Ranger's plain design. Seats are more comfortable but the seats are lower, which is the only dislike I have about this vehicle. I'd much prefer to sit up a bit higher. I feel a bit like driving a Miata with my legs out rather than in a normal sitting position.

Finally, A Terrific New Tacoma!
By Keith on 02/01/09 16:08 PM (PST)

I've wanted a Tacoma for years, and finally my wife relented. Got about 800 miles on it so far and those have been fun miles to drive. Gas mileage is not much worse than my Buick Rendezvous in city driving. Acceleration is great, much more than I expected. Quality of construction and detail are exceptionally well done. Shoulda got the step rails though. At my age, they would've come in handy.

Great but with problems
By D C on 01/17/09 14:33 PM (PST)

First time to drive a Toyota, never owned a truck other than GMC. Drives great and is comfortable. Been back to the dealer twice in two weeks trying to fix the whistling from the windshield, sounds like you're holding a beer bottle out the window. No other problems!

Finally got my TACO!
By USMC on 12/30/08 14:33 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I been waiting 3 years to get this truck and it was worth the wait. I splurged and got the V-6 4dr dbl cab 4x4 TDR pack. I wanted to put the hype to the test and took it 4 wheeling and it did not disappoint. Rides like a car with exceptional power. Luv this truck.

2nd Tacoma
By Wildbill on 12/09/08 06:57 AM (PST)

Bought new one based on my son's experience with his 06. Bought TRD package. This is my first Toyota as I have been a very loyal Honda fan for years. This is just one great truck, well built, and fun to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double-cab in VA is:

$123 per month*