2009 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: 2009 sr5 double cab 4x4, my m

2009 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

2009 sr5 double cab 4x4, my mistake
By joe on

2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not happy with build quality, ventilation system did not work and Windows fogged very badly but was repaired under warranty. Air conditioner is very weak on hot days, after 4 trips to dealer it is better but still not what I expected from Toyota. The radio turns itself off and on during hot weather, still not replaced by dealer. Paint job is not consistent and has foreign material in it. Lots of wind noise. Rear springs bottom out easily with very light loads. Composite bed tie downs should be in front of bed not rear. I can not believe I have to go to dealer to check the auto trans. Fluid level. Beware Toyota quality is no longer what it once was. I think I will soon be driving a f150

high resale, 4x4, backup camera, fold down rear seats with lots of storage under and behind them, fuel mileage.

improve the design and build quality, cut down on wind noise, install a light for the bed, go back to a steel bed with real truck springs under it, install a dip stick on the auto trans. so checking the fluid level is not a dealer only thing.