2009 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2.7 4x4 Access Cab 5sp

2009 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

2.7 4x4 Access Cab 5sp
By Tom on

2009 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I live in the mountains and have found that the 2.7 liter has more than enough power for effortless driving. I also have a 2006 Toyota FJ cruiser, 4 liter V6 auto, so it is interesting to compare the two vehicles. I have not found the 2.7 liter to be under powered, also the ride is more comfortable because of the longer wheel base. One of the reasons for getting the Tacoma was because of the good fuel economy that I experienced with the FJ Cruiser which replaced a Jeep Liberty.

Favorite Features

Like the fuel economy of the 2.7 liter also the the comfort level, which I believe to be the best of any truck that I have ever owned. The Tacoma also handles well on gravel roads.

Suggested Improvements

The user manual for both the Tacoma and the FJ cruiser are very obtuse when it comes to describing the ATRAC. In the Tacoma you can turn it off, however I do not know it if it works in 4x4 mode. For the FJ Cruiser you can not turn it off, though it implies in the manual that you can