Used 2009 Toyota Tacoma V6 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Inferior
By GARY

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bad gas mileage and lacks power. Runs a little better when the air is off. This is my first and last Toyota truck. I traded a 95 Suzuki sidekick with 150,000 miles and was a better made vehicle than this thing. My truck has 10,400 miles and already has signs of rust on wheels and frame. Dealer and Toyota agree it is from road abrasion and won't cover problem. I have a 2002 Ford Taurus with 50,000 miles and has no signs of rust. A blind man could see that the wheels has very little of the paint on them. The price of the truck should have more accessories. The truck is hard to shift and sometimes impossible to get into reverse. The radio when first purchased had a mind of it's own. Warranty stinks

Body style

Quit being so cheap and guarantee what you sell or sell in your own country. American's want quality not junk.

Safey Problems
By befuddled

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I would simply suggest anyone buying one pay particular attention to the automatic transmission. It is computer driven and you notice the transmission not engaging when it should after turns and when you start again say at a light and have not come to a complete stop. This could easily leave you in a vulnerable spot when you least expect it. Check Edmunds.com and read the complaints. Buyer beware as Toyota and the dealer will leave you high and dry with the phrase normal characteristic.

It is a comfortable ride.

Fix the transmission problems Toyota. Shame on you for ignoring it for 5+ years.

An Awesome Buy
By JP

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought the 4 door in the magnetic charcoal grey color. All I can say is it is an awesome looking truck, that rides excellent. Toyotas are very reliable cars, everyone in my family has one, so I do not worry about having bought an unreliable product.

The Back Up camera on the tailgate with the monitor seamlessly integrated into the rear view mirror. It pops up when the car is in reverse. The JBL audio package sounds great, and I can play my iPod with the Aux input. The sport seats are comfortable. There are plenty of storage areas in and out

Chrome grill, door handles, and side view mirrors would look great. The color of the stereo and lights behind dash readings are orange, I hate orange. A mechanically adjusting driver seat would be nice as well. At cruising speed, a cylinder shutoff mechanism to save gas would be nice.