2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Inferior
By GARY on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bad gas mileage and lacks power. Runs a little better when the air is off. This is my first and last Toyota truck. I traded a 95 Suzuki sidekick with 150,000 miles and was a better made vehicle than this thing. My truck has 10,400 miles and already has signs of rust on wheels and frame. Dealer and Toyota agree it is from road abrasion and won't cover problem. I have a 2002 Ford Taurus with 50,000 miles and has no signs of rust. A blind man could see that the wheels has very little of the paint on them. The price of the truck should have more accessories. The truck is hard to shift and sometimes impossible to get into reverse. The radio when first purchased had a mind of it's own. Warranty stinks

Safey Problems
By befuddled on 10/01/09 17:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I would simply suggest anyone buying one pay particular attention to the automatic transmission. It is computer driven and you notice the transmission not engaging when it should after turns and when you start again say at a light and have not come to a complete stop. This could easily leave you in a vulnerable spot when you least expect it. Check Edmunds.com and read the complaints. Buyer beware as Toyota and the dealer will leave you high and dry with the phrase normal characteristic.

An Awesome Buy
By JP on 10/25/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought the 4 door in the magnetic charcoal grey color. All I can say is it is an awesome looking truck, that rides excellent. Toyotas are very reliable cars, everyone in my family has one, so I do not worry about having bought an unreliable product.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma Access-cab in VA is:

$130 per month*