2008 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Very impressed. Good job Toyota

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Review

Very impressed. Good job Toyota
By JP on

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new (3 miles on it) one week ago today. Had really been looking at Colorados but after seeing how sharp the black Tacoma w/Rugged Terrain package looked, reading lots and lots of reviews, and doing extensive research, I was hooked. I am glad I spent a couple thousand extra dollars to get too many extra features to count over the competitors, not to mention Toyota reliability. The truck rides smooth, almost like a car, but can turn into a mean mud-flinging machine off road. I have had it in the mud once and I was really impressed with the off-road ability, even in 4x4 high. The 4.0 liter V6 is amazing... extremely powerful throughout the power range, tons of torque.

Favorite Features

Sharp looks, very solid feel, quiet car-like ride, comfortable/suportive sport seats, large access doors, off-road performance, towing capacity, excellent heat & AC, rear AC power outlet, storage under rear seats, great floor mats with the TRD, and lots of cubby holes to store stuff in.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is much, much worse than I expected. Getting around 15-16 mpg with very easy highway driving. Clunky, awkward 6-speed manual. Hopefully it gets better as it breaks in. 4WD switch doesn't illuminate??? Did they forget that? Also, no indicator on fog light switch, which is sort of weird.