Tundra's Little Brother
By myname150 on
2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
This really is a great truck, I have used it for hunting & fishing and some off-roading. I have the 4.0L V6 PreRunner & which ever one is the 4-door. I absolutely love it. Used to own a Dodge ram 1500, and I'm glad I got a Tacoma, though I wish I had gotten a Tundra. Pros: Good & Powerful 4.0L V6, Somewhat good fuel economy (depends on how you drive, as with every other vehicle), Great off-roader even though it's 4x2 (just no mudding or something of that sort), I got 0-60MPH in about 6.5-7 Seconds. Cons: Side Curtain air bag became standard on 2009 model, iPod connection became standard on 09 model (big deal for me), Somewhat jumpy if you don't have any load.
Favorite Features
-The Biggg 4.0L V6, lots of power! -In my opinion, this truck is overpowered -Stock radio and speakers sound nice, compared to the ones in my old RAM.
Suggested Improvements
-Should have made the Side airbags standard on the 2008 model -Same goes for the ipod connection, I'd like it more if it came standard, living in a city (Houston) where the FM frequencies are clogged, makes using an FM transmitter useless and (or) unusable.