2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: TRD Sport

2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

TRD Sport
By Brian on

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was starting a job, and I knew I would be driving a lot of miles, so I went with the Tacoma. I live in Northern California, and like to go camping, and snowboarding. I went with the TRD Sport 4x4, and it drives like a car. No body roll, or jarring bounces like other trucks. Very smooth ride. I used to drive a Volvo, which is notorious for having the most comfortable seats, and the comfort factor is very similar in the Tacoma. It has tons of interior storage space, and is very well laid out. I also installed a new exhaust system, and it gave me an almost 20% increase in MPG. 17 to around 19 city, and 19 to 23~24 hwy. Overall, incredibly pleased, and would buy again.

Exterior styling. Steering wheel controls. Seat comfort. Toyota maintenance plan (free maintenance and car wash). Easy acceleration, and nice kick when you need it on the highway. Driving 80 feels like 40 or 50. Easy to get a feel for the truck. Great cruise control.

Start with the free flowing exhaust to get better stock MPG. Telescoping steering wheel > needs to go lower; Sometimes awkward driving position.