2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Sweet Truck!

2008 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Sweet Truck!
By Hugh on

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I moved up from my 03 Tacoma 2.4L engine for this one. This truck has all the "bells and whistles" my old truck lacked and I love it so far. Powerful V6 engine, tighter turning radius than my smaller 03 Taco had, smooth shifting automatic. It's very comfortable for me to drive although there seems to be a good amount of wind noise at freeway speeds. Around town it's quiet and seems to be rock solid so far. Keep in mind, I only have about 175 miles so far, but at this point I'm very happy with the truck.

I like the hard plastic bed with the awesome cleat tie down system. The 5 spd automatic shifts very smoothly. Lot's of cupholders and storage space. The storage compartments under and behind the rear seats are a nice bonus. Great power and acceleration with the V6 engine.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time sliding my legs under the steering wheel when getting in the truck. Even tilted all the way up with the wheel telescoped all the way out. Not too fond of the freeway wind noise, but that's why I have a good stereo I guess.