Really like this truck
By Ronald Wilfong on
2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
This is my 4th Toyota truck and 2nd 4WD. I traded a 1993 SR5 manual trans in for the 2008 Tacoma with 5 speed auto transmission, due to knee surgery. I had a frontend alignment problem that was finally corrected by the dealership after I complained to Toyota, but they did fix it, under warranty. I have had to haul several loads so far and love the design of the composite bed and the fact I don't need a bed liner. I got the radiant red which is very sharp, the overall truck design is superior to anything else I have seen or checked out. The interior is very roomy and comfortable. I bought new off road floor mats and vent visor's and put a bug shield on too. Plan to keep it along time.
Favorite Features
Numerous cubby holes for storeage. CD player. Very roomy cab with the suicide doors. Temperature/direction guage is neat. Overall ride is alot smoother than my '93 SR5. I have the TRD Off Road/Tow package too, and have used the 4 wheel drive some without any problems.
Suggested Improvements
I miss the locking gas door that was on my '93 SR5 and the 4WD selector needs to be illuminated, hard to find in the dark. The rear cab underseat compartments aren't as big as the '93 either. There is no dip stick for the auto transmission. Gas mileage was almost 22 on trip, should get better.