My first toyota
By jimmy on
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
I got this little pick up not long ago, I'm still breaking it in and we are getting to know to each other. It is a basic model no power windows, no power locks, no power mirrors. Its an automatic white exterior/ ash interior. I really like the half cab on the back to have all my stuff in it, I'm a big guy and I even fit on the back seat. I really like the dash and the interior looks, it is spacious for a small truck. I was about to get another truck but when I tried this one, I had no choice but to take it. It is simple, reliable so far, and looks sturdy.
Favorite Features
Good low rpms above 60 mph compared to my old V6. Great sound system for being a basic cd player. Big bed with liner. nice bucket seats, good room and interior design. 4cyl = fuel economy. Really like the transmission. The front design is great, looks tough.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see an aux input on all cd players (for iPod or satellite radio). Suspension a little stiff needs work. If it has a cig lighter add the ashtray. Ext cab windows to crack open. Even if it is the basic model 4cyl I would like to see the same ground clearence or lift as the prerunner.