It's HUGE!!
By nancyk on
2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Owned a Tacoma extra cab previously. Bought quad cab site unseen- it's enormous! Toyota blew up Tacoma like a balloon. Love the power and room, but feel like I'm driving a dump truck. 57 y/o lady and it's much more truck than expected. Hear the vibration that others note. Drove the same model at dealer, and vibration was worse than mine. Everything else is usual Toyota quality. 23mpg hwy-comfy/roomy for husband, me & dog on long trips. We have trouble with visibility on right side. Gorgeous and feels very safe- would love to have had this when kids were young. Hope I get used to the size (mammoth- not the Tacoma I'm used to!) and hope to keep for many years as with other models we've owned.
Favorite Features
Best looking "compact" truck. Feels very safe on the road. Well designed roomy interior. Two adults comfortable in back. Decent mileage. Great acceleration. It's a Toyota- know it's going to last and last.
Suggested Improvements
Power seats and cruise control standard. As noted by others, improved braking. (Can Toyota make a quad cab and yet a little smaller?)